BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need this to listen to ear buds with a 3.5mm pin. Part #26 is a 5-pin Headset Extension Lead with 3.5mm headset socket for use with In-Ear Plugs. I have contacted the US distributor and they are out.

Anyone have a 5-pin DIN source that can make the cable?

I need a 5-pin DIN male on one end and a 3.5mm Female on the other.

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
dandiver said:
I need this to listen to ear buds with a 3.5mm pin. Part #26 is a 5-pin Headset Extension Lead with 3.5mm headset socket for use with In-Ear Plugs. I have contacted the US distributor and they are out.

I have a used non-coiled version. It has been modified to make the ear buds slightly louder (changed the values of a couple of resistors), but functions fine. If interested send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Thanks...... PM on it's way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
dandiver said:

I have one you can have if the other does not work out. It is a small box gadget that has pig tail that plugs into the com system, then your head set plugs into the box for voice and finally a socket your 3.5 mm ear plugs connect to. I forget who made it.

Mike
near you in New Port Richey

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
dandiver said:

Check with the new US distributor at (866) 951 5550

The new much smaller and simplified cable is P/N 2091 and is physically just as pictured in the new 2009 brochure.

John

·
Registered
223 Posts
The problem I've encountered is that all the new Autocom connectors are 7-pin, while the older systems are all 5-pin.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
ljjohns said:
The problem I've encountered is that all the new Autocom connectors are 7-pin, while the older systems are all 5-pin.
:eek2: You are absolutly correct, the 2091 is a 7 pin... SORRY!!!

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ALL. I've got it coming from Randy soon....... Looks like Autocom is no longer supporting some of the options of the older 5 pin DIN plug... It's 5-6 years old and I understand. Nice unit that is still working as advertised and easy to install.

·
Registered
223 Posts
On the other hand, there is (or was) a handy 5 to 7-pin adapter cord ($35, as usual) that allowed me to connect my old control unit to a 7-pin helmet headset.

I sometimes wonder what my kids will make of all the cabling they'll encounter when they come to the house after the funeral to sort out stuff... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts