BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the untimely rear end failure of my K1200LT last Monday 40 miles into our 3 week trip,
and the time line involved in getting it fixed along with the fact that there is a bought and paid for Bushtec trailer waiting for me in Texas.

There is just not going to be enough time to do all of this ( and still call it a vacation)

So the next thing I am going to do is call Iron Horse and give up the last available cabin I happily scored a couple of weeks ago.

My loss may be your gain, Y'all have a good time now, hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cancelation, reservation policy at Iron Horse

Well I called the lady at Iron Horse, told her the sad story about my broken beemer and asked her to cancel the cabin I had reserved for 2 nights.

She informed me that I will be charged for 1 night ($80)
unless she rents the cabin.

Now I would expect this if I had waited untill Friday the 28th at 4 pm.
That's pretty much the industry standard.

But I am giving her seven days notice and I think that's pretty harsh.

I had to cancel hotel reservations for last Monday and Tuesday night on Monday (no charge)

As a motorcycle "friendly" resort I guess they figure its my fault that BMW sold me a product with an inferior bearing.

Hopefully someone will rent the cabin, its not the money, its the principle.

But I think I'm getting an attitude toward Iron Horse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
Maybe Don can "work" things out for ya'. They are nice people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Sorry that you can't make it and the reason for it "inhales profusely".:(

I'll predict the room will get rented or we can get the situation "worked out".
Like said, the people there are usually great to work with.

Here's the policy from their website:

CANCELLATION POLICY:

* If a reservation is cancelled at least seven days prior to reservation date we will apply your full deposit to a future date.
* If less than seven days, 50% of deposit will be applied to future date.
* If less than three days, deposit will be forfeited.

According to this, you can just apply it to next Spring Training Camp :D in April '06. I don't see how she figures you are automatically charged the 1 night though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,062 Posts
SilverBuffalo said:
Well I called the lady at Iron Horse, told her the sad story about my broken beemer and asked her to cancel the cabin I had reserved for 2 nights.

She informed me that I will be charged for 1 night ($80)
unless she rents the cabin.

Now I would expect this if I had waited untill Friday the 28th at 4 pm.
That's pretty much the industry standard.

But I am giving her seven days notice and I think that's pretty harsh.

I had to cancel hotel reservations for last Monday and Tuesday night on Monday (no charge)

As a motorcycle "friendly" resort I guess they figure its my fault that BMW sold me a product with an inferior bearing.

Hopefully someone will rent the cabin, its not the money, its the principle.

But I think I'm getting an attitude toward Iron Horse
I too am very sorry that you will be unable to attend under your situation with the bike failure....

I blocked the entire lodge/cabins.. for our event, to help insure that our group attendees would have first choice at the lodge....therefore other folks not with our group are turned away...except camping space.. Maybe I should have released the block several weeks ago but I held the lodge for our attendees.

I will release the block of rooms at the lodge, then anyone can rent the room...that should help you rent your room... I am told that not a weekend has gone by without a complete sell out... so there is a very good chance your room will be rented and you will not be charged. It is the PEAK time for colors in the Smokies, so with the weather looking good... I will be surprised if that rooms is gone by tomorrow afternoon....

I do understand and support the lodge position, with only a 18 rooms to rent, and every weekend a sellout, all someone would have to do is call and reserve a weekend, then cancel if they couldn't make it.. I do appreciate you given them seven days notice.. also I have the lodge blocked for next year for LT STC... however I tried to block weekends over a year out and they are sold out over a year out...

Now to others reading this post, there are only two rooms or cabins remaining...if you can attend please make your reservation ASAP, the block will be released tomorrow.....
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top