BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back after 7 years. I stopped riding my '95 Honda Goldwing Aspencade back in '98. After 3 summers of riding the 'Wing in Colorado, I lost insterst in riding, the 'Wing was not fun to ride on the mountain twisty roads. On the open road it was great. But motorcycling to me is twisty roads.

I then started onto a new venue with BMW cars. First was a '88 735i in which I restored back into it's formal glory. Then in '02 I bought a '98 BMW Z3 roadster 2.8. I autocross the Z3 in either BMW and SCCA racing venue twice a month. I also have been calling my Z3 my four wheel motorcycle. Two summer trips to Colorado with the Z3 was great! I love the roads.

But my wife and I started to miss two wheeling. We would see nothing but motorcycles during our summer vacations in Colorado. This past summer I saw so many BMW bikes. I would just say out loud to Diane while we were driving down the road in our Z3 "another BMW" as another bike would go by.

I have been looking at the K1200LT since if frist came out. I like what I have read about this bike. I know it will handle the mountain road of Colorado without any problems.

Well a few weeks ago my wife annouced to me that I can get my motorcycle again. Well it did not take long to find one. With a current search on Cycletraders.com revealed my new bike.

2002 K1200LTC with only 297 miles. This was a show bike in the Miami area with all option that can be installed on the K1200LT. A few days later I closed the deal and will have the bike shipped to me here in Sugar Land, TX.

By the second week in November, I will be two wheeling again. I am ready, I am back! :D

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
And Doug - the second week in November, you'll have a chance to meet some of the South Central Tejas LT riders - at the Houston Motorcycle Show!!! Boy, howdy - have you timed that right, or what??? :) We'll prolly be there most of the day Saturday (least I think that is the plan!). Bunch of us from up in the Hill Country will prolly make a run thru the BMW booth several times - feel free to leave a message at the booth and we'll hunt'cha down!! We'll throw the secret LT wave now and then, so's you can spot us.

Rid'er safe, Doug. And congrats on being back on two wheels.

Best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts