BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2003 LT that was involved in an accident while being ridden by a friend in 2006 and I am going to buy a 2008/09 model in the next week or so. Loved my 03 and had zero issues with it. I realize there are some obvious changes between the bikes but I was wondering if some of the earlier issues may have been ironed out and others may have surfaced on the later models. In looking thru the technical tab, etc, most issues were written about pre-2005 models. Will not deter me from buying one but I need to know what to look out for. Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Not to be smug, but after I acquired my 2000 I asked the same kinds of questions on this forum.
The overwhelming answers were:

"Ride it like you stole it!"

I have and have enjoyed every second.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I own a 2009 and have enjoyed riding it. The only real issue for me was the extremely soft seat. Over time on the seat I was feeling every bump and hitting the seat pan. My K1200LT came with the Bridgestone tires. I now have Metzler Marathon's on the bike now. So far those are your only two choices for this big girl here in the US. Other than routine maintenance no issues.

[B"]Ride it like you stole it" [/B]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts