BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to all of you that might be travelling this weekend, being it is a holiday Monday for many. I-95 South bound in Baltimore will be backed up for miles due to emergency repairs in the S/B Ft. McHenry Tunnel and other construction on I-95 in the Baltimore area. One tube of the S/B tunnel will be closed fom tonight through Monday. If you are coming south, as you get close to Baltimore, take I-695 WEST which is the Baltimore Beltway which will take you around the other side of the city but bring you right back to I-95 south and you will not have to use the tunnel. You can also stop by Bob's BMW which is right off I-95 and Rt. 32 south of Baltimore and see a fantastic display of antique BMWs!

Be safe!

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Why would you send people way around 695 when they could go through the 895 tunnel?

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
My previous post was one of those that I should have thought three times before sending. What I meant to say was that the 895 tunnel runs next to the 95 tunnel. From what I know of 695, it is a much further drive to get back to 95.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you are south bound, as you approach Baltimore, I-95 (Ft. McHenry Tunnel) and I-895 (old Harbor Tunnel) split, With the rain and other construction, plus the closure of one Ft. Mc tube, it will be backed up past the split. If you go around to the west, it might be longer but far shorter time wise. News already reporting extensive backups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts