BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am about to replace my clutch, I am anticipating also replacing the springs while I have the old gal stripped down.

Based on what I have read in these hallowed halls, I am going to follow in the successful footprints of others and go with the HyperPro springs.

Can anyone point me to a reliable less-than-retail source for these? Preferably outside of Texas so no sales tax, and preferably free shipping... (although sometimes paying for shipping yields a lower landed cost, so open to all possibilities).

By the way... the springs come in purple or black. I guess HyperPro wants their purple colors visible to the world, so maybe that is why the black springs are $10 more now.

Thanks in advance!

T

·
Registered
478 Posts
got mine from EPM Performance they were reliable and cost around 240$ cant recall what shipping was. there was no charge for black springs. they shipped in about ten days

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bobst2 said:
got mine from EPM Performance they were reliable and cost around 240$ cant recall what shipping was. there was no charge for black springs. they shipped in about ten days
Was that $240 CDN or US? If CDN and price was for a pair, sounds like a great deal!

They are the importer/distributer. Price listed is $269 for the pair, plus shipping. They told me today the HP recently started charging $10 for black. I did not think to ask if per each or per pair. Didn't matter to me, purple is fine, so will save the $10-20.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Was that $240 CDN or US? If CDN and price was for a pair, sounds like a great deal!

They are the importer/distributer. Price listed is $269 for the pair, plus shipping. They told me today the HP recently started charging $10 for black. I did not think to ask if per each or per pair. Didn't matter to me, purple is fine, so will save the $10-20.
Hey, 'T' - ping Ron (kellenbenz) re: HyperPro springs. He got the ball really rolling on installing those babies. You can read his thread below this one - the fourth one down, I think. Based on his experience, I'd say you're gonna love 'em. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I have the Hyperpro springs and LOVE them. Best investment I've made in a while. I ordered them from EPM Performance. Great service.

I couldn't find a spring compressor, and didn't feel like making one. The local Big O Tire Store put the springs on a pair of OEM shocks I had, and charged me $40.00.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
hallzee said:
I have the Hyperpro springs and LOVE them. Best investment I've made in a while. I ordered them from EPM Performance. Great service.

I couldn't find a spring compressor, and didn't feel like making one. The local Big O Tire Store put the springs on a pair of OEM shocks I had, and charged me $40.00.
+1.

Along with upgrading to HID on my low beam they are the BEST bang for the buck out of all the mods I've done so far...

It changed the ride and handling of my LT from a '56 Caddy to a new Series 3. THAT much of a difference. :yeah:

·
Registered
216 Posts
+1 on hyper pro as I just sent my spring/shock to EMP (tennet NJ) -- I spoke with Claus and he will be looking at the shock/spring for me this weekend.

From what I read, from this thread and others, upgrading the spring/front springs made a lot of difference to many LT owners.

Glenn

·
Registered
478 Posts
it was u.s. but they were at about par at the time and still are (it,s nice to have the cdn dollar at par it used to be a killer when was around 70 cents) the 240 was a memory # i may have paid a little more.
and as for my memory lol getting worse by the day lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
Has anyone ever NOT been happy with their Hyperpro springs?

·
Registered
999 Posts
USPS/Canada Post - delivered to my house in Ontario - little less than 250 CAN - purple ones
no taxes? no $5 charge

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have been thinking about the hyperpro upgrade myself, my question is: will I lose my silky-smooth ride to gain the handling or will adjusting the pre-load allow me to select between performance and a more "Cadillac"-like ride :confused:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good timing on this question. I am needing to do the Mail seal swap and since the bike will be neked, want to do the spring swap front and rear.
From what I have read, it's the best (not my words) Bang for Buck you can do.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i think the ride is far smoother. i backed off the preload to about 20% single & 40% two up found the ride much improved the rear of the bike dosent porpus in bumps but is still very smooth. and the front end is much smoother

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just got off the phone with EPM of Tennet NJ -- great guy. He said that my 05 shock is just fine and he will install a new hyper pro spring for ~ $170 (this includes shipping and installation on my old shock).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 03 LT I just bought a couple of months ago. The suspension was scary soft at 40K. After reading all of the posts here, I decided on Hyper Pro springs and I retained the stock shocks.

I just picked it up from the shop yesterday and it's a totally new and different bike. Solid, stable, awesome. I am not sure why but just putting it on the center stand is now much easier, I suppose because there is a lot less "unsprung" weight.

I have an 03 K1200 RS and it is stock and stable - not really needing any modification but I also have an 89 K100RS with no preload adjustment so it's getting HyperPro Springs soon. I highly recommend them and credit this site with directing me to them as I had never heard of them nor had the local dealer.

john...

·
Registered
999 Posts
gary45 said:
USPS/Canada Post - delivered to my house in Ontario - little less than 250 CAN - purple ones
no taxes? no $5 charge
my bad - correction $322US :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will let it slide this time, Gary. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
i upgraded mine and loving the ride more ever since.. firmer and no more bottom the bike over humps.... cornering is a breeze and overall bike control is greatly enhanced.... well worth the dough...

my ride is 94000km (bought it 9 months ago with 89000km)... now i am wondering about my seal... keeping fingers crossed...... hopefully no FD issue...

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
5,000k in 9 months?

Do the cobwebs trail out behind you as you ride? :D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
With just over 70K, my LT is now ready for it's third set of shocks. To be far, I replaced my stock set with another set of stock bought from a member here who switch to Ohlins with just over 10K on them.

I'm leaning towards installing Ohlin. My buddy swears his LT is much better with just swapping out his stock springs to HP Springs. Besides the price difference (MAJOR + for HP), please convince me that this is the better way to go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts