BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those using Hyperlites, do you use them set for continuous flashing as long as the brakes are applied or have them in the 5 flashed then steady brake light mode?

Just curious.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Always flashing.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
If your sitting at a stop and you see a vehicle coming behind you can just re set the brake and start the flash sequence over. I use to do this on a bike with hyperlites and it seemed to do the trick.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Just flashing like crazy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am glad I ran across this thread!

I bought a 2004 R1150RT which had Hyperlites installed. I upgraded to a 2007 R12RT and did not want to leave the dealership without them but I was told at the time that they would sell me the lights and install them but would not guarantee them. My recolllection is that they said the Canbus system could present problems. I have since heard this from a few more sources.

So whats the deal, they do in fact work or?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys. It seems to be pretty evenly split between flash then steady to continuous flash. I am getting ready to install mine and am leaning toward the flash to steady mode. Actually, I am considering hooking it up to a switch so I can easily try the both ways.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Flash then steady...

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
freetime said:

I bought a 2004 R1150RT which had Hyperlites installed. I upgraded to a 2007 R12RT and did not want to leave the dealership without them but I was told at the time that they would sell me the lights and install them but would not guarantee them. My recolllection is that they said the Canbus system could present problems. I have since heard this from a few more sources.

Thanks in advance

If they don't work, don't tell my two R1200RTs! They have been running them for years.

They take so little current the canbus doesn't know they are there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A set on the license bracket, a set on the topcase (both flash all the time) and an amber set under the mirrors, no issues with the CanBus

·
Registered
235 Posts
Amber under the mirror's as external turn signals,red under the brake lights always flashing when applied.They have been installed for about 3 years no problems. :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
freetime said:

Thanks in advance
Yes they do work fine! Very first thing I installed and was very easy,
Mine come on Bright and then flash like crazy!!! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
My Hyperlites are set for constant flash. An added reference for cagers is the Kisan replacement bulb in the actual tail light assembly. It is set for flash, slowing to full on. These things are amazing how much farther back the cages stop.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ka5ysy said:
My Hyperlites are set for constant flash. An added reference for cagers is the Kisan replacement bulb in the actual tail light assembly. It is set for flash, slowing to full on. These things are amazing how much farther back the cages stop.
What is this Kisan replacement bulb? Where did you get it? Is it a direct bulb change with no problem with CANBUS? I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds like a worthwhile addition!

Regards,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts