BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a maintenance procedure on the stand? Mine does not retract all the way and has another 1 to 2 inches to go to it's maximum resting point. Is this normal?

M

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey,

To me it sounds like you are running out of oil. Have you had any leaks?

The cylinder and pump are a closed loop. There may be a pressure issue, but, I doubt it.

The attached procedure will show how to rebuild it, or just change the oil.

The stand is held on by only a few bolts, so I'd suggest taking it off and rigging a switch and seeing whats wrong.

Good Luck

Center Stand Rebuild Procedure

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Mugszy said:
Is there a maintenance procedure on the stand? Mine does not retract all the way and has another 1 to 2 inches to go to it's maximum resting point. Is this normal?

M
Since your bike is an 06 and still under warranty I would take it to the dealer. You may get a brand new unit out of the deal...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the advice guys. I did just get the bike and will hve to check out the dealer for repairs. Probably good to get the brake fluid changed at the same time $$$$$

M

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Mugszy said:
Thanx for the advice guys. I did just get the bike and will hve to check out the dealer for repairs. Probably good to get the brake fluid changed at the same time $$$$$

M
You probably don't need to do that yet, since the bike is only 2 years old. The new recommended brake fluid change is every 3 years.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zippy_gg said:
You probably don't need to do that yet, since the bike is only 2 years old. The new recommended brake fluid change is every 3 years.
Thanks Gilles, that is the first I heard of leaving it for that long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts