BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replace the fluid in their hydraulic center stand actuator? Need help or advice reference refilling the actuator with fluid. Should the actuator be compress while filling or extended. How much fluid is needed to refill and how to bleed system if needed?

My actuator had a small leak due an o-ring. I have refilled the system, but I’m not sure that I put enough fluid in or have I got all the air out. My plan is to uninstall the actuator tomorrow and add more fluid with the actuator compressed.

Thanks for any help.

Gene

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Fluid level

Gene,
I have never worked on a hydraulic lift but have repaired several hydraulic jacks and they are always filled in compressed or lowered position.

Not sure on how to bleed them other that cycle it a few times.

Roy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hydraulic center stand

Thanks Roy, I will give it a try this weekend.

Gene

bigbear said:
Gene,
I have never worked on a hydraulic lift but have repaired several hydraulic jacks and they are always filled in compressed or lowered position.

Not sure on how to bleed them other that cycle it a few times.

Roy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTB: Defected or Damaged Hydrualic Actuator

I worked on my centerstand actuator for several hour today and has determine there is several parts that can be replace to repair a defected actuator. The biggest problem I ran into is ensure the cylinder is completely full with fluid. This took several tries before getting enough fluid in the cylinder before it starts to operate correctly.

Currently I need to replace the top cap of the cylinder where the four bolts are. I over tighen one blot and the cap cracked. My actuator is working now, but I need to replace the crack cap.

Any help locating a cap or defected/damage actuator would be very much appreicated.

Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts