BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supporting a friend with hydraulic mainstand and reverse gear out of function on her K12LT.

Is it a electric or mechanical error?
How to detect the fault(-s) and how to correct?

/Sven-Erik Tiberg
Lulea Sweden

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
The two don't really interact. But the Centerstand unit has interlocks, bike in neutral, brakes off, and side stand up. Need more info on the reverse, like when in F do you have the green light for neutral as well as a 0 on the dash? In reverse do you have an R on the dash? Is the bikes engine running and does it move at all when you press the starter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I had recently some problem with the EHCS and it turned out to be the microswitch placed at the handbrake. When this switch is malfunctional believes the bike that the brakes are in action. The similar situation occurs when using the reverse. So, my advice is to check this switch.
Sincerely
Jan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
Has has microswitch dual function both break light and EHCS?
BTW. your R100RS is it the premier one with blue stripes on the rims and blue model signs?
Got one myselves with s-nr [europe model of R100RS]0161.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi again. To my understanding provides the microswitch signal to be used for different purposes. The first obvisious one is for the brake lights. The other purposes are to prevent the EHCS or reverse to be operated when brakes are applied. Try to press the handbrake slightly forward and therafter push EHCS putton and see what happen. That was how I found out the relationship brake-EHCS. It is stated in the bike manual I later discovered " not use the brake and EHCS at the same time. Good Luck with this problem.

As for the R100RS colorcheme; My 77 had the silver color and Blue rims and the 79 had a Gold like color. I sold them in the early 80 so have no idea if they still are in traffic or not.

By the Way, did you visit Norway as planned?
Mvh
Janne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts