BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took my first long ride after many years. Two up from Riverside to San Simeon. Ouch my butt hurt have to look at another seat. Other then not having an iron bottom ride was great. Various weather heat, clouds fog, drizzle and spring like conditions. Had great time with fellow riders Kevin and Kim HD Heritage softtail riders. They did keep drooling at the K1200 LT.

:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
PaulEHowe said:
Ouch my butt hurt have to look at another seat. Other then not having an iron bottom ride was great. :)
I know you have some really good seat fabricators in CA, but you may want to look at www.astechseat.com - they take your cover off and replace the foam with some pretty cool technology, then put your cover back on - all for a really reasonable price. I sent my rider and pillion seat out this week, while I'm servicing my bike and installing a radio and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

·
Registered
478 Posts
yes california has some of the best seat guys for the lt. some offer ride in one night service and have a place for you to stay on site. not cheep but it will pay for itself in years of comfort on your butt. bill mayer,rick mayer, and russel all excellent saddel
makers and dont forget our own seat customiser( site contributer )konture.

good luck i had my seat done over the winter and was on the bike 12 hours yesturday
& no sore butt. cant say the same for the rest of me lol. mabey should of went a little shorter trip for the first long run of the year

·
Registered
558 Posts
Everyone's butt is different. Good luck finding a seat to fit you. I just went from Coalinga down highway 1 from Big Sur to San Simeon and then over to Ridgecrest on Saturday. My seat didn't give me any problem but then I was on my 02 ST1100. I really enjoyed the seals by San Simeon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts