BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Saw this last night on the news, major bummer for every one who goes through Big Sur. It's going to make it difficult for my club's annual weekend trip to Morro Bay next month. I'm thinking of taking the Nacimiento-Fergusson Road out of Ft. Hunter Ligget to get to the coast since we won't be able to ride 1 from Monterey as we usually do.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
gr8fulfred said:
Saw this last night on the news, major bummer for every one who goes through Big Sur. It's going to make it difficult for my club's annual weekend trip to Morro Bay next month. I'm thinking of taking the Nacimiento-Fergusson Road out of Ft. Hunter Ligget to get to the coast since we won't be able to ride 1 from Monterey as we usually do.
We tried that route 3 years ago and road was closed out to 101 .... Best get confirmation that route is open.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I was in those parts just a few months ago. I happened upon and rode with a couple guys who camped on the ocean right across from where Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd. hits Route 1 south of Big Sur.

The first picture shows where we had a long wait at a construction project. The road was barely passable even then. I wonder if this is the spot? The rest of the pics are from that area.

Monster?

·
Registered
482 Posts
motorhead said:
We tried that route 3 years ago and road was closed out to 101 .... Best get confirmation that route is open.
The FHL website says the road is now open after some construction was finished, but I'm sure they are talking about their part of it on their property, not sure about the rest of it between them and route 1. We'll probably just go for it next month, and the guards at the gate would most likely know if it is open all the way. We can always use 101 or go back to 25 to get to Morro Bay if we have to.

Beautful pictures again Roger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts