BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need to get an idea. I can't get a dealer I am working with to give a firm dollar amount subject to inspection on my truck. Best he could do was say I'm thinking mid 20's?

So, do I ask for a firm dollar amount or just drive down to Livermore and see what happens?

They contacted me 3 times wanting to buy the truck.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
RaffyK said:
I can't get a dealer I am working with to give a firm dollar amount subject to inspection on my truck. Best he could do was say I'm thinking mid 20's?
Since the amount is subject to inspection, it really isn't "firm" anyways, so if you think you will want to sell at what they offer (which will most probably be LESS than "mid-20's") then go see what happens.

Mid 20's means $24K - $26K, but I bet they'll offer $22K - $24K. I'm guessing it will cost you about $65 in gas, round trip, too.

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. I just needed to confirm what I thought. In the back of my mind I was thinking mid 20's means $22k-$24k for them.

I may have a potential buyer (private individual) that will let me know before 5 PM (I gave him a deadline) if he'll take it at $26K. He was the second one in the last month to actually come and see the truck. The rest called, email me pics please, offered to lease it, take over payments etc.

Let's see what happens around 5 pm.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Sounds like anything close to $26K will be a good deal for you unless you want to work the other potentials - good luck!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
If you were describing a woman I would go all the way up to 27 for mid-20s. But 22-23 would definitely be low-20s. I would not go for anything less than $25K. There is no arguing 5 is midpoint on a scale of ten. I would also find a meetpoint rather than "delivering" the truck and having someone follow you. Do you really think they will have the cash waiting for something they haven't seen? How about Flag City or the Eight Mile Shopping Center off I5? That will demonstrate some serious action on the buyer's part rather than just ambiguous prattle.

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The buyer at Mid 20s is a dealer. They will just hand me a check between what I owe and what I sell it at. They don't know what I owe so that it does not influence their decision. They don't even know that I have a payoff.

I like the Flag City option.

I did one a few years ago with Andersen Chevrolet from Menlo park. Bought a brand new Suburban from them and they delivered it to Rio Vista and I gave them my Yukon sight unseen. All paperwork done on the spot.

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
No luck needed, he'll buy it! Just offer to make him a member of the HDDC trusted inner circle... :D :D

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No go on the private party. Long story short, he came with the boss (aka the wife), drove, checked everything out. Said his wife liked it, then he said he had another truck to look at so his wife would be satisfied that they are buying the right truck.

He was supposed to call me back after he looked at the other truck. He did not call. His loss.

Time for a glass of wine.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
RaffyK said:
He was supposed to call me back after he looked at the other truck. He did not call. His loss.

Time for a glass of wine.
Old boxer's trick - he's making you wait in the ring.....bet he calls tomorrow.

A glass of wine does sound good, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts