BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be three different base models for a 2000 - 2002 K1200LT: standard, custom and icon/elite. People don't seem to state which a bike is in online ads. Is there a way to tell from a picture which one it might be or should I just ask the seller?

Thanks...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think the standard is plain paint, the "custom" has more shiny parts (mirror trim and tip over wings) and the Elite has all the shiny parts and it added a GPS installed at the factory.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Actually the very early LT's came in 3 flavors: Standard; Icon; & Custom. The Standard had black plastic trim on the saddlebags & mirrors where the Custom has chromed plastic. The Icon was the middle model, and it had some stuff the standard did not have, but still did not have the chrome treatment that the Custom did. The Custom had all the goodies. They came out with the Elite model later on as the top model.

As far as visual cues go, the chrome, or lack thereof, is the main indicator. And many Standards & Icons could have had the extras added later on, so you really need to check out the Bike to see if it does have all the goodies you might want.

John

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Pretty sure only the Custom came with the trunk top rack as standard?

Correct, my '03 came with the chrome top rack with brake light.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
But not a '99 or '00 Custom. They did not have racks on the early models. I bought my Custom new in 2000, and it had the heated seats, radio/intercom, computer, and all the chrome, but no rack. And I paid extra to have the factory floorboards for the pax added.

John
RonKMiller said:
Pretty sure only the Custom came with the trunk top rack as standard?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Standard
Black saddle bag and mirror trim. No trip computer, no heated seats and lack of a few other items are the key items I found

Icon
Black saddlebag and mirror trim but had Trip computer and maybe some other stuff

Custom
Chrome mirror and saddlebag trim. Heated Seats, Intercom for 99 and 00, Trip computer and some other stuff but the luggage rack was missing on the 99, 00 models. I am not sure if intercom was standard on the custom in 01 up?

Elite
Chrome, intercom, GPS and all the other stuff the custom had.

But like someone else says the big item to look for is chrome. If no chrome then Standard or Icon if chrome then custom or elite.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 99 LT has everything but the top rack and extra chrome. Body colored mirrors and black rub strips on the luggage. I also has the computer, BMW streetpilot Nav, Cb radio and helmet to helmet comm. I have no idea what trim level it may be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts