1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a no brainer to me... :rotf:

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,942 Posts
Anybody can do that with "lowered" pegs. It takes a real man to do it with the stock ones.:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have stock pegs and have dont it once or twice, but I find that if I am not careful I rub my toe before the pegs hit, scares the crap out of me every time.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
I'd like to see some factory positioned pegs worn like that with Ohlin shocks on the LT. Anybody have any pics of that?.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
shoswell said:
Seems like a no brainer to me... :rotf:
Looks like lowered pegs. Big deal. :)

Do that with stock pegs and then come back and talk to us.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
OK,

I'm no stud, but, this is some damage with stock pegs albeit factory shocks and a fair amount on intestical fortitude.

I'm still using those same pegs, so , I guess I need more twisties in my life!

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
LOL don't be a kill joy Shos they look mine I thought it was the way its supposed to be.:wave

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Looks to me like you need new shocks. I was doing that to mine, plus damage to the center stand, then I got Wilbers. I rarely touch any more, but can out corner the FJR's I ride with while they still drag. Quite a testiment to the LT as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How do you do that without the centerstand and the kickstand hitting. Wish I could get over to the pegs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Actually, I've found if you shift your butt a little toward the ground, you can avoid scraping your pegs a little bit longer...and it seems to make hard cornering a little safer. [not leaned over quite so far]

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang..... Tough crowd! Sheesh! Next time, I'll have to take off the blocks! :rolleyes:

P.s.- Barbara has support via the Ohlin bra! :wave

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Geez Hoss! Is that the bottom side of the pegs or the top side????

Loren

·
Registered
910 Posts
Lol
Those look like my golf clubs :histerica

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Dial in more preload, countersteer more, put the pegs back in factory position, and stop carrying a fat girl on back (any of which can cause you to throw sparks at 20 degrees of lean) and come back to us with the same marks, THEN we'll be impressed.

·
Registered
519 Posts
sheesh, harsh crowd. I know it's just some good natured ribbing, but come on guys, not everyone is Valentino Rossi - so I give Steve props for grindin' down the pegs (lowered or not) and sharin' the pics. Isn't that what this forum is about?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
MrBreeze said:
sheesh, harsh crowd. I know it's just some good natured ribbing, but come on guys, not everyone is Valentino Rossi - so I give Steve props for grindin' down the pegs (lowered or not) and sharin' the pics. Isn't that what this forum is about?

It's all good-natured.

Wait until next week's thread when we show how some of us have ground down parts of our mirrors and saddle bags.

We just won't admit that it happened in slow-speed tip-overs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
petevandyke said:
It's all good-natured.

Wait until next week's thread when we show how some of us have ground down parts of our mirrors and saddle bags.

That's funny Pete!

·
Registered
929 Posts
petevandyke said:
It's all good-natured.

Great minds think alike...you beat me to the same joke!!:rotf:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts