BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all !

As some of you may know, I started a moto cab company in Paris (France) with my LT. I sticked a couple of labels onto the LT but I'd also like to stick a label to the back of my helmet. That way the customer/pessenger would be able to read it during all the trip :p

I want to be that label perfectly pasted but I can't see how to do it without ugly folds due to the curve shape of the halmet. Any advice would be most welcome !

Cheers !

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went to a vinyl sign company to make some labels for my organizations cars They knew how to manipulate the vinyl very well. While I was there I asked them to put some reflective appliques to my helmet, they did a great job.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I agree with rkc - get a sing shop to help you. Someone has to make the labels, right? So get a local company to make them and explain what you;re doing and see if they will help. They can make the label shaped to fit a bit better, plus the installers usually know the tricks to get it to work.

Rando

·
Registered
39 Posts
Conformable Decals

Buffalo,

I own a Decal Company here in the U.S. What you need is a flexible vinyl, to print your decal on. Helmets are convex and trying to put a flat, rigid piece of material on a convex surface does not work as you have found out. We use several different vinyls for what you need. If you cannot find what you need, give us a call, we would be happy to help you.

Clay Hirner,
www.awarddecals.com
www.bikegraphix.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts