BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a complete electronics upgrade. Getting rid of the non-functioning intercom, radio and CB in favor of the Jensen MSR2107, the Garmin Zumo 550 and the Scala Q2 Pro (BlueTooth). I got the wired remote from Jensen for my passenger, but want to try to incorporate at least some of the functions of my existing handlebar controls. In order to do that, I need to get to the innards of the current controls. For the life of me, I can't get the thing apart. Is there a trick to it? I have removed every screw and bolt but it still won't come apart. Help!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,093 Posts
There is one tiny screw hiding at the bottom of the radio controller unit on the back side. Real hard to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got the one you are talking about. Small phillips head. The trouble seems to be a screw inside the mute/tp and radio volume control module. I can pry it apart to see that something is holding it, but am afraid that I will break it if I pry any harder. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,163 Posts
I just ran into the same problem this morning. I need to get that piece out so I move the reservoir to be level and then perform the clutch fluid flush.
I just can't seem to find the screw that keeps that radio volume controller in place. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,163 Posts
zippy_gg said:
I just ran into the same problem this morning. I need to get that piece out so I move the reservoir to be level and then perform the clutch fluid flush.
I just can't seem to find the screw that keeps that radio volume controller in place. :mad:
Just like therapy... You talk about it, think about it, and voila! Problem solved! :D
Once that "hidden" tiny black phillips screw comes off you can separate the volume control thingy and find the yellow shiny screw that keeps the unit attached to the main body of the controls.
Not that I have been in therapy or anything...:rolleyes::rotf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts