BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the crapped-out, scalloped, and cupped front tire the previous owner had on there. It's like a new bike. Feels like I took 150 pounds off the bike and 25 pounds of rolling mass. I no longer have to fight it to stay upright at lower speeds or push it into corners at higher speeds. It's nearly neutral at all speeds. Parking lot maneuvering is no longer scary. It doesn't try to stand up while braking into turns (if you want to tell me not to trail brake, join the ongoing brake discussion), and doesn't try to fall in on slow turns.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I know EXACTLY how you feel. Imagine what it feels like to replace both front and rear at the same time. Heck, I'd change both out every 30 days except for $$$, the time it takes to get it done, and last I heard you couldn't get a front Metzler on this side of the pond.
What tire did you get?

Loren

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer says they will only do the ME880 for the LT, so I went with that. They typically know what they are talking about, and I couldn't find that anything was significantly better. The rear is about half-through and worn fairly evenly (only slightly more center wear).

·
Registered
325 Posts
The front metzgers are avail now. I just got a confirmation that mine was shipped and I received an email that motorcycle superstore has them in stock now. OOOHH happy day!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
lkniess said:
The front metzgers are avail now. I just got a confirmation that mine was shipped and I received an email that motorcycle superstore has them in stock now. OOOHH happy day!!!!
I got an email that my pair of Metzelers has shipped from Ron Ayers so it looks like the warehouses are catching up........

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Most are running 42 front 48 rear

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Gee, I thought this thread was going to be about the missus falling off the back... :histerica

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
175 is well outside my range of acceptable female specifications.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
pendie said:
Yea, that's what I was expecting too![/FONT]

A divorce will have the same effect... dont ask me how I know...:rotf:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts