BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping some of you GPS pro's out there can offer some advise. I am the proud, but frustrated, owner of a new ZUMO 390 which I purchased to replace my dying SP 2820. This has forced me to finally abandon MapSource and start to learn Base Camp. My issue, at least for now is not with Base Camp but with storing and retrieving data on the SD card installed in the GPS. I have created a bunch of POI's and set up a few routes in Base Camp. I have downloaded that info via the USB port to the SD card. When I query the GPS and it's SD card from my PC it shows that the data is there in a GARMIN Folder but I cannot figure out how to retrieve that data directly from the GPS. If I download the same data directly to the Zumo on-board memory all is great and wonderful. So, question is how the heck do I access the data stored on the SD card?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
You should be able to just "go here" like any other file location once you have it hooked to the computer. I don't know about the 390 but I can do that with the 660.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to just "go here" like any other file location once you have it hooked to the computer. I don't know about the 390 but I can do that with the 660.
Thanks John, But my problem is when disconnected from the computer it seem like the GPS does not recognize the presents of the SD card. I cannot get it to access the data that was loaded on the card. I have sent an email to Garmin Support, I'll wait to hear something from them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I query the GPS and it's SD card from my PC it shows that the data is there in a GARMIN Folder but I cannot figure out how to retrieve that data directly from the GPS. If I download the same data directly to the Zumo on-board memory all is great and wonderful. So, question is how the heck do I access the data stored on the SD card?
If you are trying to access a GPX file on the card it needs to be within a GPX folder nested inside the GARMIN folder. See the following:

What data loaded to an SD card will a nuvi, LIVE, zumo, Camper/RV, or dezl device recognize?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts