BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My manual centre stand split and fell apart a few days ago.

I was able to easily remove it by sliding it off the two lugs it normally rotates on.

I will have it welded shortly but before I do, how will I install it? Are the lugs easy to remove, if so, where or how do I remove them?

If they are fixed, does it mean I have to weld it in-situ? I presume not, otherwise how did BMW get it on.

Thanks as always for your advice,

Mark

·
Registered
929 Posts
I had my 99 do the same thing prior to my purchasing it. The previous owner had it welded and placed back on. So, unfortunately I'm not much help. I did see this thread and perhaps you can inquire by PM how they did it.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69838

Hope you get it fixed okay...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
There are bolts through pucks on each side. Heat the area as they have blue loctite on them. Once the bolts are out you can remove the pucks from the frame. One of the pucks should have a circlip on it, this is to assist in removing when the stand is attached. They each have two o-rings on them to hold the lube in. Slide your center stand up and insert each puck from the out side, fitting them into the recesses in the stand frame. Reinstall the bolts. The hard part is safely installing the return spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts