BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the sun slowly sets, I slink back to this house, with my tail between my legs.

I can't figure out to remove the old cable from the cc assembly that holds the cc switch?

So, I'm looking at cutting the two hose clamps on the first two air stacks and probably the third one since I cannot get at the screw closing the clamp.

But, how does one cut those clamps?

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
You can do it by removing the entire throttle body assy at the base clamps (all screw type). That will allow you to get to the back of the bodies to get at the cable end. I did that and just left the air box attached. It does require the removal of the fuel rail to access those clamps.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip.

I'm looking at a repair manual I down loaded and do not under stand parts of it to remove the fuel rail

"• Disconnect all four plugs of injection valves (2)."

will that be self evident when I look at the fuel rail?

"Pull the injection rail with the injectors out of the intake stubs."

Where or what are injector stubs?

I found a pix of the fuel rail on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1678

Does the fuel rail come out with the injectors attached?

Many thanks
Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
The injectors are attached to the fuel rail with a black clip.

1. If you leave the clips in place and undo the two bolts holding the rail in place you will need to start at one end and
start prying the injectors put of the block one by one with the fuel rail holding onto the injectors top.

or

2. You can pull off each of the black clips that secure the injectors on the fuel rail then pull the fuel rail away from the injectors,
the injectors may or may not remain in place in the block. If they remain in the block you can then pull them out one by one since
they are held in place in the block with just an o-ring.

You need to be very careful upon re-assembly. I would recommend you attach the injectors to the fuel rail and replace
the black clips that hold the injectors in place on the fuel rail while off the bike. Then return the entire assembly, like
shown in the eBay ad, to the bike and start the process of directing each of the injectors into their proper port / hole.
Once all the infectors are in place you can bolt down the fuel rail - bottom line the fuel rail traps and holds in the injectors
in place. If you do not do this correctly and do not get the black clips in place holding the injectors seated on the fuel rail
and get the injectors seated in the block properly, like I did, you can wind up spewing gas all over the place at about 60 psi!!!
Make sure you double check you work in this area. There in no room for error in this procedure . . .

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your time and the information you provided. It will be of GREAT help.

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the exact information I needed. The fuel rail is off; I removed the bracket holding the micro switch to get at that C-clip holding the cable into the bracket.

Since I had the bracket off I was able to move the micro switch back just a fraction. Now there is a little travel before the switch opens. Hope that solves my CC problems!

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
You can tell really quick right now by turning the throttle past off - you should hear the micro switch click, Then release the throttle and it should click again.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes.

It is very easy now to hear and feel the micro switch click on and off.

Best from gorham ME
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Removing the fuel rail did the trick.

thanks you for the information on how to remove the black clips, that it would be easier to remove the injectors and then reattach them to the fuel rail. Installing the fuel rail with the injectors on it was easy.

I put a new battery in today and she fired right up.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
Great camera shots of the details . . .

These little black clips are unbelievable important in order to secure the injectors properly.

I made a mistake in not getting one on properly and had to strip down my bike late at night in an Autozone parking lot
after dumping about a 1/2 gallon of fuel all over the the hot exhaust. I was expecting the bike to go up in flames
- lucky for me the temp never reached the auto ignition point ~ 500 degrees F.

Just proves the point I try to make in my signature sign off

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see the labels for the pix are missing.

Fuel rail removed; black clips that hold the injector to the fuel rail; properly installed clip; ridge on the fuel rail for the clip; top of an injector showing slot the clip goes into; bottom of an injector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts