BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put my GPS on a tankbag instead of using the factory GPS mount (see photo):
1. Can the mount itself be removed?
2. What can I use to cover the hole where the wiring harness goes beneath the stingray? I'm guessing BMW makes a nice little roundel that could go there.

I'm sure some of us have done this.
Thanks.

<edit: I tried to upload a small photo. The upload problem persists.>

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I originally used a roundel to cover it.

Later I put a pana-vise mount on it with an OtterBox for my iPod. IIRC, the model is i1100, and it has a rubber mount inside for gripping various iPod models, and has external female 3.5mm jack and interior 3.5mm pigtail for connecting to your iDevice even with the box closed and water tight. Works great for me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hschisler said:
If I put my GPS on a tankbag instead of using the factory GPS mount (see photo):
1. Can the mount itself be removed?
2. What can I use to cover the hole where the wiring harness goes beneath the stingray? I'm guessing BMW makes a nice little roundel that could go there.

I'm sure some of us have done this.
Thanks.

<edit: I tried to upload a small photo. The upload problem persists.>
If you keep the whole area uncluttered and leave the hole open you'll get a niiiiiiice siren noise......to make it more life like, put a piece of duct tape on it and use it as a flap to get that rising/lowering sound effect..............makes getting thru traffic soooooo much easier.

Pat

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I bought a 3" BMW roundel off of ebay for about $7 to put there after I took the XM radio off. It's been on there since early last summer and looks great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts