BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Yea, Indian Larry was doing his 'flying cross' ride at some bike show and face planted - badly. C'ya Larry!

Ya know, I like these bikes as much as anyone else 'round these parts. They really are some nice.

But that there was one hard core demonstration of a total lack of thinking, common sense, responsibility or concern for other road users.

And then to make a movie of it *AND* post it on the internet!??!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
What you have never done that Wooly ? its harder on the L/T because of the Lumbar...i can for miles on the piilon of my wifs Vic. :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
Lessee 'im do that at 40 mph with a worn and feathered set of Metzelers.

On second thought ... let's don't.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zotter said:
Wolly - that was YOU!!!???!??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
No - I make sure there are no cameras about when I do that type of thihg :):)

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
If over there..

Woolly said:
No - I make sure there are no cameras about when I do that type of thihg :):)
The vehicles were going in the wrong direction for England if it were you, correct?
Jer

·
Registered
339 Posts
Some folks really need to experience a tank slapper, no matter what they ride.

Nice jacket though...

Idiot.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jers99lt said:
The vehicles were going in the wrong direction for England if it were you, correct?
Jer
1. Vehicles definately on wrong side of road!!!

2. From the license plate it's either a Brit or Dutch bike - hard to make out.

3. Funnily enough, most of my 14,000 miles have been done on the wrong side of the road ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
K1200LTryder said:
Some folks really need to experience a tank slapper, no matter what they ride.

Nice jacket though...

Idiot.
an idiot for sure......

But there are only a couple of people on the planet that I'd wish a real tankslapper on!! :D :D :D :D

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Not sure why the guy is a jerk?

While I don't play like that others do, so what? Their Money, Bike and Skin.

I do drive no handed, so what? I have gone 1 finger for a hundred miles. My bike, my risk.

Seems there are a lot of very safety minded people here but that is YOUR choice, not others.

I don't wear gear except goggles. Winter I do wear Leather. Summer if I am going slab or distance, will wear a helmet because of crossing state lines.

Just don't get all the name calling and bigotry because of a trick move, or gear or anything like that.

I have been down in my life, and not because of a trick move, or no hands. Not everyone goes down in their biking career, others more then once. I don't think we get a choice in the matter. We can hedge our bets by gear and school and videos and forums like this, but still we have no choice in when it happens.

"Never go faster then your angel can fly"

Each to their own, but I think it was a pretty cool video, maybe I am still too "young" and have not forgotten the thrills of doing stuff just to get a rush................

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LAF said:

I do drive no handed, so what? I have gone 1 finger for a hundred miles. My bike, my risk.

Seems there are a lot of very safety minded people here but that is YOUR choice, not others.

I don't wear gear except goggles. Winter I do wear Leather. Summer if I am going slab or distance, will wear a helmet because of crossing state lines.

Just don't get all the name calling and bigotry because of a trick move, or gear or anything like that.

I have been down in my life, and not because of a trick move, or no hands. Not everyone goes down in their biking career, others more then once. I don't think we get a choice in the matter. We can hedge our bets by gear and school and videos and forums like this, but still we have no choice in when it happens.

Each to their own, but I think it was a pretty cool video, maybe I am still too "young" and have not forgotten the thrills of doing stuff just to get a rush................
Like the atitiude - I often sit on the back seat on long rides (never actually thought bout leaving the bars alone though (might have to try that!!), often sit up front, no hands - no big deal. Once rode up through Morrocco on their main motorway(totally deserted road), no hands but using the wind on my hands to try & slalom through the white lines (but, luckily, no-one filmed me!!).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

it's a Brit...UK rider judging by the licence plate, also I looked through the rest of the guys pictures on photobucket...plenty of clues there ;)

Each to their own I suppose, it's just when riders do these things on a public road/highway it's not just the rider that could suffer IMHO

Rob :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
2-K said:
Hi,

it's a Brit...UK rider judging by the licence plate, also I looked through the rest of the guys pictures on photobucket...plenty of clues there ;)

Each to their own I suppose, it's just when riders do these things on a public road/highway it's not just the rider that could suffer IMHO

If I had to ride next to a bike, it would be an LT (followed closely by any other beemer) just because I assume they are older, more experienced, in most cases more educated and have more to lose that's with or without hands. I'm assuming this guy pays taxes and therefore if he wants to ride like that (in his lane) more power to him.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2-K said:
Hi,
also I looked through the rest of the guys pictures on photobucket...plenty of clues there ;)

I know the guy who originally posted it on Photobucket - he's definately a Brit (well, Yorkshire), but he can't remember where he found it. As I said, it's either a Brit or a Dutch license plate, but they're definately riding that dual carigeway in a non-brit direction!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Woolly said:
but they're definately riding that dual carigeway in a non-brit direction!!
Hi Woolly, that reminds me of what happened the other day.

My 75 year old father-in-law had just left our home after a visit and was on his way home, his route would take him along the motorway, after ten minutes of him leaving we heard on the radio police were warning drivers to careful on the same motorway as there was a car travelling in the wrong direction.

I phoned father-in-law on his mobile to warn him and told him there was car travelling in the wrong direction of his motorway…he said “ one car! There’s bloody dozens of them” :rotf:

I wonder if anyone has done this on their LT http://m-kobayashi.cocolog-nifty.com/data/images3/051218-1.jpg

·
Registered
339 Posts
LAF said:

Working in the medical field, I unfortunately see the results of motorcycle stunts that have not made it to completion.

Most injured riders do not carry medical insurance, so we have to foot the bill.

If you want to fool around and maybe hurt yourself, go right ahead.

Doing it on a public road where you can hurt others, makes you WIDE open for liabilities. ( but you aint gonna get sued if you are dead, right?)

Darwin award candidates are everywhere, but they just seem so more pronounced when they demonstrate their candidacy on a mortorcycle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts