BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question, but I'd like to attach a tail bag to sit on the passenger seat of my 2015 RT. On other bikes I've attached it to the passenger grab rails, but on the RT the rails converge toward the rear so anything attached to them tends to slip backwards towards the back of the bike; and of course the webbing that is is attaching the bag gets loose because the rails are closer together.
I've thought about running a webbing strap under the passenger seat, but I am hoping someone has a brighter, easier idea?

·
Registered
R1250RT LE, F800GT, 1960 Land Rover, 2010 Range Rover
171 Posts
Would fitting a top box stop the tailpack drifting backwards?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes it would but I don't want the expense of a top box. I rarely use my top bag, just on longer trips.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A few years back I had a 2002 R1150GS, I wanted a tail bag and not the trunk, never rode with a passenger. So I fashioned a base mount out of masonite that I could lock into place instead of the rear seat, then bolted a tail bag to the base. It worked out great, when I sold the bike I showed it to the new owner and told him he could have it if he wants and he took it. Ran into him about 6 mo. later and he said he really like the tail bag set up. I then moved on to an FJR and used this "storagepod" from National Cycle:

National Cycle | Online Catalog | Storage Pod

I worked out great, now thinking about getting another for my 2015RT.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Rock straps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts