BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added an article to my "lost Picasa recovery blog" about wiring various gadgets on an LT. Some riders might wonder how to do it and of course there are several ways to do it (properly). I did my connections twice over and here is the story with some pictures

Sorry, no YouTube video is coming as I'm not going to start stripping my bike just for taking video of all these. I had all the pictures in my files already so gathering this article was a simple 7 hour job. If you need more info, there are many ways to ask and I promise to answer!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your website is fascinating. I am dumbfounded not only by the sheer number of accessories added, but the extremely high quality workmanship which they were installed. The motorized backrest is probably my favorite accessory :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ari --
A "long" time ago, I think I remember you posting an article about how you backlit the roundel on the sides. By chance, do you still have the documentation about what you did and would you consider posting it?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ari --
A "long" time ago, I think I remember you posting an article about how you backlit the roundel on the sides. By chance, do you still have the documentation about what you did and would you consider posting it?
Yes Sir,
I will put it on the list. The small problem is that the principle I chose for the led installation turned out to be no good in longer run. The lighting did not work as planned. So I did them over and forgot to take pictures! Darned. But I'll try to figure out a way to do this without taking the bike apart just for this...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Your website is fascinating. I am dumbfounded not only by the sheer number of accessories added, but the extremely high quality workmanship which they were installed. The motorized backrest is probably my favorite accessory :)
Thank you sir! The motorized backrest idea was actually borrowed from Bruce Hodges (bruce2000ltc) who was the original inventor.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,940 Posts
The BMW Z-4 has raised roundels that are illuminated so that could be an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts