BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Riding in circles' is a phrase coined to refer to just going out for local rides w/ no other agenda beyond riding, no errands, not commuting, etc.

How often do you just go out for riding's sake, locally, and for how many miles in a day typically if you do?

Cheers

·
Registered
343 Posts
Regularly, at least a couple times a week. Trips are usually 75-150 miles depending on weather and traffic. I will make the excuse of going for an ice cream or some such but it is all about the ride. This is one of the few weekends a year I dont ride due to Labor Day. Too many people started drinking hard Fri afternoon and wont stop until late tommorrow. Too many friends that didnt come back during the holiday weekends. Steve

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,031 Posts
I'm down to riding about 25,000 miles a year now that I only ride for the pleasure of riding 2 or 3 weekends each year now. Motorcycles are mostly just cheap transportation for me.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I ride every day...usually about 125 miles a day. I have put on 31,096 miles this year so far and keep up with it all here:

Mileage Log

Feel free to register if you wish and join in.

Ron

·
Registered
178 Posts
Work and family keeps me pretty busy. I only do "no agenda" rides once every week and a half or so. I likely average around 30 miles (mostly in town).

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
I ride in circles every weekend. This past saturday I did 175 miles on the K1600GTL to have breakfast with about 25 of my fellow BMW riders. Then Sunday I took out the CB750 for about 85 mikes if fun.>:)

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I ride almost every day . I won't set out in the rain but get caught now and again. I ride between 30 - 100 miles per trip split between the 1200 RT and Wideglide. Kings Mountain hwy 35 and local trips. I think I will go ride a few circles today, nice warm and sunny.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I commute on the RT so I ride in circles a lot less than I used too.
Besides, I've ridden every circle within 200 miles of home at least 5 or 6 times, kinda bored with them now.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,916 Posts
When I want to ride but have no where in particular to go I just turn on the GPS and after a few miles press route "Home". When the time to arrive at destination is the time I want to be home (for dinner) then I follow the route. The rest of the time I just choose new roads to see where they go. I have never been late.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to live in great riding terrain and have many circular routes that I have ridden for years. However, since I crawled off my ancient V-twin and found this smooth RT...I'm enjoying my old circular routes even more 'cause I can hold my head steady enough to see things much better now! Amazing what great focus is possible without all the vibration...It's like new scenery since my head is no longer vibrating with the movement of the pistons!:smile:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Since the start of this Covid just about everyday. All my rides always had a restaurant for an end point or stop over. Not so much any more. I just ride past all the places I used to stop at and go from gas station to gas station.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts