BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best price I can get for an '05 LT. What is the best way to sell it?
Excellent condition
Dark Graphite
32,000 miles
Security system with ground lighting
Mic-o-pegs.
C. Bailey windshield and original windshield
All Corbin seats and the originals
Passenger floor boards
Luggage rack with brake lights.
Full set of Kathy's bags
6,000 miles on tires
All maintainance documented by dealer.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am in the market for a used bike. I have been researching the matter for about 6 months. As far as I can tell a '05 with 30k even with accessories will bring around 9-10K. The ones that are asking more are still on the market. There seems to be quite a few out there for sale.

If I was you ....I would take off the extras and put the original stuff back on. Then sell the farkels seperately because it doesn't seem that the bike brings anymore with them left on.

As for where to sell it: Ebay, cycletrader, BMWMOA, this forum...

Example: I am looking for a '07-'08 with few miles on and I expect to pay around 13K for it...if not less. It might not happen till Fall or Winter...but...I am patient. I have a '02 now that runs beautifully...just put 6K on it in 3 weeks. I still only have 30K on it. I bought it with 9K on it 2 years ago for 9500.00....it was a steal!

Disclaimer: Opinions are like...a..holes...everybodys got one. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm always keepin an eye out these days for an '05 and newer.
First place I look are the forum classifieds here. Therein, I find it helps if the lister indicated his location... :wave
Next place is eBay Motors, followed by Craigslist - free, easy to search and not overloaded with pretentious crap that slows down a dial-up surfer like me.
After that, maybe...Cycle Trader.
Your mileage may vary - but that's where I tend to look.

·
Gene
167 Posts
Check Out My Ad

Check out my ad. I don't think you will find a better deal for a bike with only 17000 miles with all of the accessories I have on it. Currently listed for 10,500 with accessories. 9800 without. Bike is located in Albuquerque.

Gene
[email protected]

·
Registered
713 Posts
Your '05 is worth $13,500.00 to $14,000.00 easy.... You need to be a little more patient when selling a bike... People will con and tell you anything to beat you down..

If its paid for then screw it,, its not eating anything so keep it clean show it around,, someone will want a nice bike...........Pete

·
Registered
475 Posts
I would say about 13k. 9k would be a real steal.
Just be patient. I always buy in the winter and sell around April/May when prices are highest. If you can have two bikes from the time you buy in the winter, till u sell in April/May, do it.

Prices here on the east coast are higher than any where else. I ended up going to Kentucky to buy my LT. It was a few thousand extra here in NY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts