BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place to post.

I'm looking to buy a new 2018 R1200RT with Premium+ package and I was hoping for some real world numbers from members who have purchased. Did you pay MSRP or MSRP- out the door? The ones I'm considering are going for MSRP 23760 (see below for options). I am trying to get that for 20k+tax+dmv fees but so far no success. May be its too low to ask for this time of the year, perhaps will get better deals after September. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

2018 R1200RT MSRP $18,395
Premium Pkg $3,250
Alarm System $395
Central locking $400
Keyless ride $350
Gear shift assist pro $475
Destination $495
--------------------------------
TOTAL $23,760

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
Can't answer your question directly, and I am sure that somebody here can. However, it is rather unfortunate that what you can negotiate is very much up to your dealer. Basically, they have you, if you want the bike. Somebody can tell you that they had gotten, say, $2k off (not likely), but that won't mean a thing to your dealer. I have two dealers that are local to me, and the closest one, just about 2.6 miles away, refuse to drop from MSRP at all, while the other one (who also sells Honda), 15 miles away will give $500 off, unasked, and $1k off, again as a policy, to repeat customers. Guess where I bought my '15 RT?

One thing that you may consider is to shop around all over the country. There are dealers out there who will give good discount and supports fly-and-ride type sales! These bikes are reliable, and you won't have any issues with riding it across country. There are several members of this community who had done just that!

·
Registered
126 Posts
My ‘16 was listed at $18.5 with keyless ignition, no gps or central locking but with the audio package, and I didn’t haggle because the price was so low. It was last year’s model and they were clearing out old bikes to make room for new. You might consider getting a 17 at a discount. Good luck.

Reactions: -Ali-

·
Registered
83 Posts
I asked for 2k off the MSRP of 23650 and settled for 1.7K. I later learned from the sales manager that BMW was offering a dealer rebait of 1K at the time of my purchase. I have read that dealer markup on motorcycles is typically 10% of base MSRP. I suspect the markup is higher on options. Since they almost all come fully loaded, the dealers are doing better than OK. Plus, mine got a non-negotiable $500 for dealer setup and prep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local dealer in Fort Collins, CO has two 2018 RT's on their floor. One blue, one white. Both are marked at MSRP, the same price as you mention. However, the salesman told me that the dealer has $1k of incentives from BMW, and another $750 as a "conquest" bonus if you present a title of another brand of moto. Personally, I would rather buy a slightly used moto, and not pay the depreciation for the first year or two. When I said as much to the salesman, he told me that he thought his manager would accept any reasonable offer. So, apparently, a lot depends on where you are: small markets need to be more flexible on price.

cap

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you PadG, John Brock, Lee4BMW, dlong0609, DrCap appreciate all your input. Sold my FJR1300, itching to buy my new RT, I will try 2K below MSRP to see how it goes, wish me luck :dance:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the final deal :)

2018 R1200RT MSRP $18,395
Comfort $850
Touring $1,400
Dynamic $325
Luxury $1,525
Keyless ride $350
Destination $495
TOTAL $23,340
Discount $(2,257)
DISCOUNTED TOTAL $21,083
Sales Tax and registration fees $2,192
Out the Door Price $23,275

·
Registered
593 Posts
If Anybody wants a 2018 White Premium R1200RT with 2000 miles on it for $21,000 from a private party I have one for you...!

Purchased March 2018 in California... Garage kept... Spotless clean mint condition..

$1000 worth brand new installed black, engine and saddlebag guards plus license plate frame with flashing red lights (auto deceleration flashing )

Selling for health reasons...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sad to hear that, Jim. What happened? Hope you feel better soon.

I was looking forward to someday meeting you with your RT like you suggested in one of your posts...:)
Nothing really major or serious to worry about. I am still riding time to time when weather here drops below 100F... But no long runs just locally in town.

After my neck surgery (Cervical Stenosis) last November... I am almost fully recovered but I realized the rides over an hr giving me really bad back pain and irritates my carpal tunnel where the pain doesn't go away for a day or two...

I don't really want to sell it but since it is a perfect bike but I am seriously considering; Especially on those days when I have pain due to that I rode the day before.

·
Registered
'22 1250 GSA next week. '17 RTW ready to trade.
263 Posts
I bought a new '17 with all the options...for $19,xxx. Low xxx but I don't have the specifics handy. '17 and '18 are nearly the same except the 18 has that new traction control availablew that can supposedly be used in curves. (...You first!!!)

This is my 4th RT. I really intended to get a GS this time, but after riding both, I just could not do it.

The price above does not include the GPS or the small top case I bought later...at 15% off retail from the dealer.

Since then, I've added an Aeroflow Tall windscreen (which I can't recommend enough...Just great...so much less noise and you still get air on your arms and shoulders.

...and have a Sargent seat ordered up. Can't wait. The stock seat is the best of any of the 4 RTs I've purchased. It's not BAD, but it's hard for my bony butt. I think I would hate it on a very long ride...I live for that stuff. Also, stock seat seems to push me into the bars a bit. It's sort of sport-bike-like.

I live in Chicago area. Good roads are not plentiful. If you want curves, you have to ride a ways. i love RTs because you can cruise a couple hundred miles with little effort and then hit the twisties pretty hard for a great time.

:toast:

'99 R1100RT Bought at 10K, sold at 62K
'03 R1150RT Bought new; sold at 30K
-05 R1200RT Bought new; sold at 94K...STILL VERY STRONG!
-15 R1200RTW Bought new...have 1400 miles on it.
Plus...'99 Ducati ST4 for a while. Bought used, kept 1.5 years.
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille R...still have and ride it!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Bought a 2018 Mars Red with every option for 5,100k off MSRP. MSRP was $24,360. I paid $19,360 out the door which included a $100 doc fee.

They also swapped out the sport screen for a regular height screen.

This was a demo with 600 miles which saved $1,600. BMW had another 1,500 in incentives and dealer took 2k off.

It will be titled in Montana so no tax owed. I already owned the GPS.

600 miles service done at no charge since it was a demo.

5k off is the most I've ever saved on a new BMW.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
"Here is the final deal :)"
Reasonable, now you need to step up. Good price on a new bike, go ride. Then there is the 2019...R1250RT...>:)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Well it may be a 2020 for the 1250 RT. The GS is going to carry the 1250 first.

Either way look forward to new owner reports and cost of it.

Gonna be a big shake up I think. I have seen 150 HP as a quote. I cant use all of the 125 except in a strait line but hey cant wait for the first ride reports.

Reactions: PadG

·
Registered
38 Posts
$24K plus back in early September here in Vegas. Option 719 Planet Blue plus they threw in the large color keyed top case. Always more expensive here in Vegas as you’re in an island in the desert, availability is limited, and, only one dealer so no competition.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.