BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With new Spiegler brake lines and progressive shock springs installed, I cannot believe the added improvement. No more nose dive when stopping and braking itself feels that much more secure!!

Followed Kirks videos which were a great help but getting the front shock removed and reinstalled created challenges given that he suggests to remove the nut at the top of the shock first which, in my opinion, did not allow the bottom of the shock to clear it’s mounting point. The same holds true on reinstallation as you are working with very little space tolerance. In retrospect I would loosen then remove the top nut last in order to get the shock to clear the bottom mount, and first when reinstalling.

All in all, this is definitely worth the time and effort needed to make the bike even better!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice.
I did the same a few years back.
Love this beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I suppose this is common knowledge, but where did you source the shock springs and what spring weight did you get? I assume that with a progressive spring the spring weight is expressed as a range?

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is good to hear... I will be installing my new springs (both) soon and new brake hoses. I went with the Hyperpro springs. And ordered from EPM performance.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
As DRONE is alluding to, imagine if you had the proper weight springs for you and your passenger and new shocks built for the bike. Yes, a little pricey and in some cases, maybe worth nearly as much as the bike itself as an investment but if you are going to keep it, it is worth it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose this is common knowledge, but where did you source the shock springs and what spring weight did you get? I assume that with a progressive spring the spring weight is expressed as a range?
I was lucky to find Hyperpro springs on eBay from a dealer describing them as regular height and =standard weight. They were less cost so I took a chance. I did or want to go with new shocks given the price and glad I didn’t as I do not believe any additional improvement would have been noticed. The only difficulty was getting the rear spring compressed as I did not have a press.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is good to hear... I will be installing my new springs (both) soon and new brake hoses. I went with the Hyperpro springs. And ordered from EPM performance.
Let me know if I can be of help sharing how was able to accomplish some of the challenges of the switchover.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As DRONE is alluding to, imagine if you had the proper weight springs for you and your passenger and new shocks built for the bike. Yes, a little pricey and in some cases, maybe worth nearly as much as the bike itself as an investment but if you are going to keep it, it is worth it.
Heck, the sexy colour of the new springs alone makes it go faster....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts