BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many 2013 R1200RT Anniversary bikes were made?

·
Registered
248 Posts
How many 2013 R1200RT Anniversary bikes were made?

I wish they were numbered, I’m the proud owner of one, and I love it. Because of the paint scheme, people automatically recognize it who are familiar with the RTs

2013 BMW R1200RT 90 Years of Motorrad 2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Gone:
2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600
2009 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The badge on the headstock is numbered 1923, so I was wondering are there 2,000, 5,000, 10,000. Just curious really.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one also - Love it! The 1923 is not a serial number, it is the year BMW started building motorcycles. 1923 - 2013 90 years. Why the 1923 is so small is kind if a mystery. Almost looks like an afterthought.

·
Registered
447 Posts
:laugh:

I am not trying to be inflammatory, just curious; Why do you want to know? What relevance has it got?
Everyone wants to believe there's something special about them?

I'm just nosey?

I embrace elitism?

I want to know how many others have "the best of the best of the best?"

Mine has the lowered suspension so it's an even rarer bird (whether that's good or bad depends on high off the ground one head is). I myself am an LSH (Lowered Suspension Human - short legs on a "normal" sized torso ) so it's a match made in heaven. Haha...

In short, any number of reasons, mainly just curious as I look ahead to maybe getting a 100th Anniversary RT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm curious too. Really, really like that model and have considered buying one. I had a midnight blue 2012 and never liked the silver trim - the dark Anniversary trim is so much nicer, imho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts