BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to copy the entire HOW database like in one fell swoop so that somewhere sometime when a connection is not available i've got all the info on my hard drive?

i've found the information on this site to be so invaluable .....thanks to everyone who contributes!!

kip
99 champagne LT

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Not an easy way that I can see, I'm afraid. You could do it manually by following every link and copying & pasting the information into a text document, which you could keep on your hard drive (if you had the patience/determination). Or save every link as a web-page.

·
Registered
977 Posts
kip said:
is there a way to copy the entire HOW database like in one fell swoop so that somewhere sometime when a connection is not available i've got all the info on my hard drive?

i've found the information on this site to be so invaluable .....thanks to everyone who contributes!!

kip
99 champagne LT
Here's what I use - works quite well...

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you find a thread with interesting info, print it to PDF format with a freeware program called Ghostscript. Its a handy util to allow you to print fron any pc application and convert it to PDF format.
Then make a directory on you pc somewhere and store the pdf files in it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

thanks for all your responses. I downloaded some software Gino recommended and am going to try it out.

I will let u know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts