BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess you were puzzled on my topic, correct? Well, I did my first GB oil change on my LT and this is how I found the magnetic plug.
I would like to ask all of you the experienced LT users, does this mean big trouble for me or it is normal for 89350 km(55515 mi) on my LT gearbox? I need to remind you that I bought her second or maybe even third hand(not sure) used.
Also I notice some vibration between 4 to 4.5K rpm when travelling on perfectly flat roads. Below this it's not present, above this it minimizes to even un-noticeable. Can it be from oil leak that ends up on my clutch plate?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Magnet looks pretty much normal for not knowing how long before the last change. Normal wear I'd say. As for the vibration, it's just a characteristic of the machine. You mentioned oil on your clutch, does it slip? .............:serious:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest, I did not notice any slipping while taking off even when I forget third gear in and take off from zero speed. I will check this again.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
The slipping is most notable when you accelerate hard in high gear, like when you're trying to pass a vehicle.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Nothing unusual on the drain plug. Just don't know how long since it was last cleaned off. Fuzz is good - Shiny stuff is bad. I have 98,000 miles on mine and I still get a bit of fuzz.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing unusual on the drain plug. Just don't know how long since it was last cleaned off. Fuzz is good - Shiny stuff is bad. I have 98,000 miles on mine and I still get a bit of fuzz.
Dude, thanks for your reply but as my English is only out of an English language school you 'll have to break down your term fuzz.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dude, thanks for your reply but as my English is only out of an English language school you 'll have to break down your term fuzz.

Fuzz=Porcupine:thumb:

He's saying it's normal. And your English is better than a lot of folks for whom it's a first language. Kudos!

Mark:bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
'λεπτά μόρια' (leptá mória) Hope I got this correct if not my apologies.

You are OK.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuzz=Porcupine:thumb:

He's saying it's normal. And your English is better than a lot of folks for whom it's a first language. Kudos!

Mark:bmw:
Thanks Mark. You see my English is good as you say but what's Kudos?
Language school would never teach these words. Is it a daily word?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wasn't sure, so I googled it
ku·dos
ˈk(y)o͞oˌdäs,ˈk(y)o͞oˌdōs/
noun
noun: kudos

praise and honor received for an achievement.
synonyms: praise, glory, honor, status, standing, distinction, fame, celebrity; More
admiration, respect, esteem, acclaim, prestige, cachet, credit, full marks, props
"kudos to you for a lifetime of quiet courage and unwavering generosity"
North Americaninformal
compliments or congratulations.
plural noun: kudos
"kudos to everyone who put the event together"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts