BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the majority of my professional life I have been involved in a subset of the construction industry. One of the goals is to achieve "zero-waste" at end-of-life-cycle of specific building components and systems.

A recent project is budgeted to add 7% additional cost to potentially re-cycle or incinerate demo debris to produce energy. On multi million $$ projects, these are big bucks.

However, across the pond and probably heading this way, I read this today. Clickity-click! :eek:

AND . . . my surf'n just found THIS!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Interesting article.

Right now Europe is buying every single wood pellet that is on the market, and the US is by far and away the largest producer of wood pellets in the world. By mixing 10% wood pellets with coal you don't lose any BTU output, and get a handsome carbon credit in the EU. (since wood is a renewable resource it is considered carbon neutral)

This WILL be coming to the US very soon - no doubt about it.

I just bought a big chunk of Potlach (PCH) - a REIT that owns about 2 million acres of forest in the US. I think this just may be the next commodity bull market.... they also currently pay a 5% dividend so I think I'll just sit on it for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, and Gore is a multi-millionaire with his carbon credit trading companies.
Scammer! and HERE!

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Didn't they get the memo? It's not called "Global Warming" anymore. It's now known as "Climate Change". Since the earth went into a cooling phase last year, they had to come up with a different name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts