BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching for this info to no avail. I don't know if the search function will allow more than one word, and I've tried several. I haven't seen what I need. Sorry to be a pain.

I have obtained and mounted a perfect pair of matching panniers for my K1200LT to replace those that were scratched in the accident it had before I bought it. Yes, it has been on both sides. I have a wallet key for the "new" bags, but if it isn't a lot of trouble to change, I'd like to be able to use one key for everything.

I'm sure this info is here somewhere. Everything else is... If someone could guide me to it, I would appreciate it.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,248 Posts
And here are the missing pictures from the manual for that post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
I have tried searching for this info to no avail. I don't know if the search function will allow more than one word, and I've tried several....
Also, you can search for multiple words. Enter your search like this (note: "AND" must be capitalized):

k1200lt AND pannier

-- or --

k1200lt AND fastest AND color

The entire thread containing all matches will be retrieved, but not all posts in that thread will contain all matches.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much thanks to katnapinn, jzeiler, and jimay for the link and information.

Are the pages referenced [see service manual page 51.6 and 51.7] for the Clymer manual?

Looks like a piece of cake.

Does the lock need to be unlocked to insert the wire into the hole for cylinder removal like on a Ford?

I'll be back where the bike is on Monday afternoon.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,248 Posts
They are the page numbers for the BMW factory manual.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see a hole to stick the pin into to release the lock from the bag. Does some of the plastic need to be removed from the inside of the cover? If so, how does that work? Maybe I'll take one of the bags home with me tonight to see if I can do it with better instructions.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,248 Posts
From what I can tell you have to remove the silver handle from the lid to get access to the removal hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts