BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
wildwestrider said:
Dave,....wondered how that happened.....thought maybe Dick did it. Im guessing you are a moderator
Nope - tweren't me. I skipped class when the "edit 101" subject came up!!

BTW - for a list of 'who's who', scroll down on this page.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a number I can call?

Dick,....I will be in San Marcos Saturday after next. Is there a phone number where I can call you to see if we can meet up on the windshield?

Brian

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Answered you by e-mail, Brian. Phone number and all. Hope we get a chance to meet up. Take care.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sooo........

Ok.. so let me get this straight... the question was how to remove a heated grip on a 2000LT?

wildwestrider: Can someone tell me how to remove the heated grip on a 2000 LT?

Brian in Austin

The responses were:

DaveDragon: Hey Brian, I fixed your sig block so it shows the WU object correctly.

wildwestrider: Dave,....wondered how that happened.....thought maybe Dick did it. Im guessing you are a moderator

Dick: Nope - tweren't me. I skipped class when the "edit 101" subject came up!!
BTW - for a list of 'who's who', scroll down on this page.

wildwestrider: Dick,....I will be in San Marcos Saturday after next. Is there a phone number where I can call you to see if we can meet up on the windshield? Brian

Dick: Answered you by e-mail, Brian. Phone number and all. Hope we get a chance to meet up. Take care.

So... we talked about fixed Sig blocks, moderators, who did what to whatever, a trip to San Marcos, a windshield, ...... So not meaning to interrupt you all....
So...How do you remove a heated handgrip from a 2000 K1200LT ??? :D

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
KIC said:
So... we talked about fixed Sig blocks, moderators, who did what to whatever, a trip to San Marcos, a windshield, ...... So not meaning to interrupt you all....
So...How do you remove a heated handgrip from a 2000 K1200LT ??? :D
Shame on me, Brian. I forgot to use the search feature to see if I could find your answer. :eek: I've never taken the grips off ole Toad, so can't give you any personal experience --- however, here is one post within a thread I found from back-when that might help.

BTW - see ya on the 23rd. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the research, but trying to remove and replace the entire grip assembly

Dick,

Thanks for the research effort,....but my problem is that I bought a bike with no heated grip assembly whatsoever on the left side (just has the exposed handlebar tube with a wire hanging loose) and the chrome trimmed grip assembly on the right. I dont care how it happens or if it is chrome or all black.............but I want to have two matching heated grips on the bike.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts