BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to get my Autocom hooked up and have my GPS/XM working great. I also have my iPhone hooked in so I can listen to the iPod. But what happens if someone calls me?

How do answer the phone (assuming it is tucked away somewhere where I can not get at it)?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have my sony ericson set to auto answer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
toadmanor said:
I have managed to get my Autocom hooked up and have my GPS/XM working great. I also have my iPhone hooked in so I can listen to the iPod. But what happens if someone calls me?

How do answer the phone (assuming it is tucked away somewhere where I can not get at it)?
I have tried and searched. There is no auto answer function on the I-Phone. Hopefully someone points out that I am wrong :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
You would have to wire a momentary-contact switch to the headset jack on the iphone which would short the same two conductors as the concealed answer button on the headset that comes with the 3g/3gs. Not sure about earlier iphones.

You would, of course, have to have a 4-conductor (tip, ring1, ring2, shield) 3.5 mm plug instead of the 3-conductor (tip, ring, shield) plug which is readily available at Radio Shack. Mouser Electronics sells Kobiconn 4-conductor plugs.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Wolfgang said:
I have tried and searched. There is no auto answer function on the I-Phone. Hopefully someone points out that I am wrong :)
I'll have to go into my PM stash and see if I can find a chat I had with Doug Turner (dwsdad) about the Parrot Bluetooth device. Seems I recall that it 'does' allow you to voice-call thru the iPhone and auto-answer. I'll be back in a bit once I find that conversation - or you might search for Parrot Bluetooth here and see what comes up.

Edit - well, I can't find the conversation about auto-answer, butt here is what he said about the Parrot voice-call.

"One other thing I noticed is that the voice commands/prompts are kinda hard to hear above about 60, the auto volume control works really well, voice dialing appears to work better with single names in the phonebook, ie, Dick vs Dick Largen, and the phone really works well. People can't really tell you're travelling at mach 1"

And of course, this all applies only if you Bluetooth-sync the Auto-comm and the iPhone and the Parrot???? :confused:

I think I'll just go back to whistlin' while I ride!! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts