BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted in K-BIKES.COM section as well, and just was wondering if we have any posers (poseurs) here?

1. Do I clean my cycle after every ride?
2. Do rain and/or wet roads upset me?
3. Do I have a rain cover in any of my storage areas? Is it always there?
4. Do I take my bike to 'meets/breakfasts/etc.' and make sure it's sparkling when I get there?
5. When another biker comments on how clean my bike looks I give them an 'Aw Shucks' lie that says I haven't cleaned it in weeks, but in reality I just did.
6. Did I buy a Garmin 376C with weather feature so I can see if it's going to rain on my clean bike? And avoid rain areas.
7. Given the choice of riding or detailing, detailing is more fun.
8. Do I have more than four (4) detailing products in my garage? E.g. S100, BOM
9. Have I abandoned standard microfiber rags for ultra-microfiber rags?
10. Have I abandoned chrome/polished stainless because I can't get rid of early morning fog?
IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED YES TO FOUR (4) OR MORE YOU MAY BE A POSEUR!

·
Registered
182 Posts
My bike has to 'earn' a clean.

About a 1000 miles is good for a wipe down :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have to look at the climatological data for Capetown! Maybe a leafblower will do the job. heh heh

·
Registered
241 Posts
My mechanic noted awhile back, while looking at my bike on the work stand, that I was obviously someone who would rather ride than clean.

Ride safe,
Steve S.

·
Registered
368 Posts
1. Do I clean my cycle after every ride? Yes - Hey I only ride 1 day a week so that is not so bad

2. Do rain and/or wet roads upset me? Yes but it does give me a chance to use my Frogg Toggs and another excuse to wash my bike

8. Do I have more than four (4) detailing products in my garage? Yes but I used them on my cars also

Only 3. I must not be a Poseur. If you add this one to the list, I qualify:

Do you polish your boots after every ride?

·
Registered
179 Posts
jpalamaro said:
1. Do I clean my cycle after every ride?
Clean??? Huh??? My owner’s manual didn’t say anything about cleaning anything other than the windshield, hummm what’s up with that!!!! Now if I have to start cleaning it, I may need to rethink this whole BMW thing;)

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
11. Do you spell Poser with a U?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
1. Do I clean my cycle after every ride? WHY when you can kick back and relax after a cool ride?

2. Do rain and/or wet roads upset me? No it is getting washed then.
3. Do I have a rain cover in any of my storage areas? Is it always there? only the leather seat get covered.

4. Do I take my bike to 'meets/breakfasts/etc.' and make sure it's sparkling when I get there? NO!, Why, I am going to eat not pose.

5. When another biker comments on how clean my bike looks I give them an 'Aw Shucks' lie that says I haven't cleaned it in weeks, but in reality I just did. Has not happend yet and I don't care if it does!

6. Did I buy a Garmin 376C with weather feature so I can see if it's going to rain on my clean bike? And avoid rain areas. No and no and NO.

7. Given the choice of riding or detailing, detailing is more fun. A clean desk er BIKE is a sure sign of a sick mind

8. Do I have more than four (4) detailing products in my garage? E.g. S100, BOM Yes all un opened!

9. Have I abandoned standard microfiber rags for ultra-microfiber rags? Are those sold in a womens store? If I did wash my bike what is wrong with a stolen Holiday inn towel?

10. Have I abandoned chrome/polished stainless because I can't get rid of early morning fog? What fog?

I guess I am not a poseur

Why clean if you can ride. Cleaning cuts into riding time.
For the record I washed my bike 2 maybe 3 time this year and put on 6000 miles. That is 2000 to 3000 per wash.

But I personally shower daily in case you thought I was a crusty dirt bag type.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts