BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a tech session in Fulshear on Oct 20.

Post what you need to get done. There will be a mini tech session on Sep 22 for
Bones to get tires and 24k service.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
DanMartin said:
There will be a tech session in Fulshear on Oct 20.

Post what you need to get done. There will be a mini tech session on Sep 22 for
Bones to get tires and 24k service.
Tires and 24K service is a mini tech session, wish I lived closer. :)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Dan,

Don't think that I'll have anything to do on the LT, but I'd like to show up to lend a hand where needed and maybe learn a thing or three.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Need valves checked (and pretty sure adjusted, too). Everything else is completed.

Think there will time on 22nd, or will you be tied up with Bones' tires and service?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deputy5211 said:
Need valves checked (and pretty sure adjusted, too). Everything else is completed.

Think there will time on 22nd, or will you be tied up with Bones' tires and service?
Come on over. You can strip her and I will show you how to check valves.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
DanMartin said:
I'm so tempted. Come on over. Bring drool cloths.
No...don't let him bring that bike over. I don't think I can work next to that thing. Soooo distracting.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
DanMartin said:
Come on over. You can strip her and I will show you how to check valves.
I can strip her down fairly quickly, will bring my own tools.

Will you also be able to show/help with adjustment, if needed? That is the part that really has me spooked.

If the noise is from injector(s), will it be easy enough to change it/them if I bring spares?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Dan,
What time Saturday are you and Bonsey planning on getting started. I am going to try to leave here around 6:30, after I get Suzanne on her way to the hospital for her shift, so I should be there around lunchtime if that works for you.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
deputy5211 said:
Dan,
What time Saturday are you and Bonsey planning on getting started. I am going to try to leave here around 6:30, after I get Suzanne on her way to the hospital for her shift, so I should be there around lunchtime if that works for you.
No clue, haven't asked him. He is 2 hrs from here. Noon is fine

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
DanMartin said:
No clue, haven't asked him. He is 2 hrs fro:and m here. Noon is fine
I'll leave here kinda early so I can be there tween 8:00and 9:00am. If I pull out about 5:30-6:00 and grab a coffee along the way. I should be there kinda early.
Tony, gonna look at my purple springs? their gonna be purdy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to try and come down this weekend for the "mini" tech session if possible, not sure what the plans are for the kiddos right now. If not, I will plan on coming to the one on October 20th.

I really just need someone to help me through some general maintenance issues mor than anything else. PM's, fluid change, etc.

Looking forward to learning more about the bike and networking with others for RTE's or other rides.

Darin

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deputy5211 said:
Dan,
That works. We will strip your bike down and go to lunch while
it cools down.
PM me your e-mail addy and I will send you a map.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Going to pass on tomorrow. Suzanne may get waved off at work as will be an O/T shift for her.

Have a local friend who is going to show me how to check. Will plan on October tech session if I need to adjust.

Email is my handle at aol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like I am good to go on tomorrows ride. I am planning on leaving around 0700, I never heard from Ghost, to see about riding together, so I'll probably just see him down there.

I sent you an message with my email address for you to send me the addy or location to meet at.

What do I need to bring?

Darin

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.