BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in a Tech Session?
Available dates: May 12,19,26

Post what date/dates are good for you and what you want to do.

Dan Martin

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Might work for me. I'll help with whatever.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Could we do my clutch? LoL

Still riding it, but am going to try to have it done by June to be ready for our July trip to Wisconsin...

Was good seeing you this weekend, Dan. Hope the trip home was uneventful.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dan,

Hope all is well. The 12th (Mothers Day weekend}, 19th anniversary - so 5/26 would get my vote. Need front/rear tires and centerstand (still trying to buy one).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can do any weekend at this point. Need to drill weep hole and at least check the valves.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I vote for 26th. Tire pressure monitor & hyperpro springs, if possible (I bet the springs will be my winter project).

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PoppaT said:
I vote for 26th. Tire pressure monitor & hyperpro springs, if possible (I bet the springs will be my winter project).
Maybe we can talk Mike Haughty into bringing the spring changing jig he made up.

Have you ordered the springs?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll call Haughty and see about the compressor.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ksbaltz said:
I'll call Haughty and see about the compressor.
Thanks Karl.

Looks like May 26 is the choice so far. We are moving so it will be at the new place.
Will PM everybody with the directions later.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PoppaT said:
Hi Kris. I do have an extra set of stock shocks with Hyperpro springs installed. If we don't get the
spring compressor, we could swap these out.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fwkraft said:
Dan,

Hope all is well. The 12th (Mothers Day weekend}, 19th anniversary - so 5/26 would get my vote. Need front/rear tires and centerstand (still trying to buy one).
Fred, I have 2 spare motors for the centerstand. Let's try that out before you buy
a newer centerstand.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Immmm backkkk!
Jeez louize a two week training turned into a 7 month training/ production run!
Was in the garage last weekend and noticed the fixture by my workbench, and yesterday Karl called..
We can do!
The big girl wasnt ridden much last year seeing how brazil, Tulsa and Washington DC was good for about 9 months out of my year!
Since im taking Friday off, its time to change those fluids i was meaning to do last tech session.
My needs for tech session, is change the front tire... You guys saved my bacon last year when yall found he GT rated tire on the rear.
My tire might have only a 1k on her since the session...

if i can ask, is check valves unless Karl does his and maybe i can mimic at his house to see what my numbers are..might not need anything ( crossing fingers)

Would be good to see yall again!
Mikey

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haughty said:
Immmm backkkk!
Jeez louize a two week training turned into a 7 month training/ production run!
Was in the garage last weekend and noticed the fixture by my workbench, and yesterday Karl called..
We can do!
The big girl wasnt ridden much last year seeing how brazil, Tulsa and Washington DC was good for about 9 months out of my year!
Since im taking Friday off, its time to change those fluids i was meaning to do last tech session.
My needs for tech session, is change the front tire... You guys saved my bacon last year when yall found he GT rated tire on the rear.
My tire might have only a 1k on her since the session...

if i can ask, is check valves unless Karl does his and maybe i can mimic at his house to see what my numbers are..might not need anything ( crossing fingers)

Would be good to see yall again!
Mikey
Welcome back Mike.

We can do the tire and valves. New place has more room too I hope.
I am taking off Friday too in hopes of epoxying the garage floor.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PoppaT said:
Hey Kris,

Mike Haughty is bringing the spring compressor and he knows how to use it. Hope
you got the springs ordered.

·
Registered
723 Posts
DanMartin said:
Welcome back Mike.

We can do the tire and valves. New place has more room too I hope.
I am taking off Friday too in hopes of epoxying the garage floor.
"New place"? that's news I missed.

The only work I might want to try is if a spring compressor is available and if it works on an Ohlins, I would like to crank up the static preload a bit.

Also depends on which day this ends up. Wifey is wanting to take a weekend in May to somewhere. We both need a break.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dukey33 said:
"New place"? that's news I missed.

The only work I might want to try is if a spring compressor is available and if it works on an Ohlins, I would like to crank up the static preload a bit.

Also depends on which day this ends up. Wifey is wanting to take a weekend in May to somewhere. We both need a break.
Yes, we are downsizing. Moving out to Fulshear. Closing today. Moving Sat. and the next Sat.

Mike's compressor might work on an Ohlins. I also have a spare Ohlins spring or two laying around. We will check numbers against yours.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
You got some cross streets out there in the countryside, Dan?? I got Fulshear on the iMap at 3rd street near Wilson Ave. Looks to me like your neighbors are gonna be more'n 10 feet away - unlike where you wuz!! And might be a riding lawnmower in your future!! Congrats on the move. :thumb:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Dan, send me your new address either PM here or to my email address that you already have. Thanks

Karl

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Dan, send me your address also. I 'm on disability now with knee surgery, but may make it in the cage.
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dan,

I appreciate you taking my call this morning and would like to attend your next Tech Session. As I indicated in a past posting, I recently purchased a 2006 K1200LT with 12,400 miles on it. About three weeks after I purchased it the center hydraulic kickstand started to work intermittently and now it does not work at all. The dash light flashes at the normal rate when it is deploying, the stand itself makes a clicking sound but it does nothing else. I am open to any suggestions, and I am certainly not an expert, but it sounds like an electrical issue.

Please let me know the details of the upcoming Tech Session and I will be there.

Thanks again for your time this morning,

Jose

1 - 20 of 53 Posts