BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode from Santa Fe to Gilbert, AZ yesterday to visit my sis - why don't these apartment complexes have shade in the extra's parking?! Had a great ride south from Santa Fe on I-25, to Socorro, NM, then west on 60 into Mesa - it was a very nice ride! Anyway, for you Phoenix folk, where can I get a cover/half cover for my LT?

If anyone wants to hang out, let me know! Lowell, I'm here!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about, it's been cool here this week. This morning I was actually thinking about putting the liner back in my jacket :)

As for a cover, try cycle gear, there is one in Mesa. I assume you rode through the Salt River canyon on your way down since you said you came by way of 60 - isn't that a great ride? On your way back try going up 191 "The Devil's Backbone" if you have never done so. Make sure you allow a little extra time for all the switchbacks and ride safe.

How long are you going to be in town? I'm clear out on the opposite end of the valley but I might PM you if I can fit something, always like to meet members. :bike:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Feel free to shoot me over a PM. I am in North Central phoenix but could be up for an RTE tonight. :bmw:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
copperstatetour said:
I don't know what you are talking about, it's been cool here this week. This morning I was actually thinking about putting the liner back in my jacket :)

As for a cover, try cycle gear, there is one in Mesa. I assume you rode through the Salt River canyon on your way down since you said you came by way of 60 - isn't that a great ride? On your way back try going up 191 "The Devil's Backbone" if you have never done so. Make sure you allow a little extra time for all the switchbacks and ride safe.

How long are you going to be in town? I'm clear out on the opposite end of the valley but I might PM you if I can fit something, always like to meet members. :bike:
Thanks for the info copperstate! I went to Cycle Gear and got the deluxe cover for 60% off! Perfect timing - even purchased some cold undergear. :yeah:

I looked up The Devil's Backbone, that looks like an amazing ride! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lets do an RTE tonight at Five Guys Burgers on 7th Ave and Mcdowell? :cool:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lowell, Scott and Steve - it was really great to meet you all. Got back to Santa Fe about 3:30 this afternoon!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Glad to hear you got home safely. Make sure to drop a line next time you are going to be in town.

·
Registered
252 Posts
L_Rudy said:
Lowell, Scott and Steve - it was really great to meet you all. Got back to Santa Fe about 3:30 this afternoon!

Great to meet with everyone too. Glad you had a safe trip. Get back in touch again if you come back to AZ and I'll let you know when I come through the Sante Fe area.

Lowell

·
Registered
593 Posts
the wife and I had a blast. it was great to meet all three of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts