BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for good-economical hotel and/or campground in/around Waynesville area.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle camp appears to not be open yet.??
Most "campgrounds" are RV places- not for tents.

Many hotels are either $$$ or dumps. Also have found too many with only twin or double bed. I'm 6'4"..

I have stayed at Iron Horse- It's nice, but probably want to be further South?
Sylva isn't bad.

Suggestions??

Where do you like and why/why not?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are their rates?
Do they have cabins?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground website says they are taking reservations. May want to check with them again.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lots of places in Maggie Valley, both campgrounds and motels. Our car club stayed at Junaluska Assembly in the cabins or campground there for a number of years. It was nice, quiet, and reasonable but no TV. They moved deeper into the valley a few years ago to a nice little motel I am trying to remember the name of. I will look it up tonight when I get home. If you are going to the meet at Fontana Dam Cherokee has numerous places also and is closer to the meet. I have never had an issue finding a decent room without reservations anywhere in that area and can usually get a great deal at Harrahs in Cherokee with very little effort. Good Luck, Steve

PS Sherando Lake is not Waynesville, NC but Waynesboro, VA! I am too lazy to look it up and be certain but I think Waynesboro is nearer coastal VA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts