BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered an interesting phenomena on Saturday. It was 112 here and I was headed to an outside event so I did something I never do when I ride... I wore shorts. I still wore my riding jacket and gloves, but I didn't think there would be anywhere to change so I made the 10 mile ride in shorts. Here's what I discovered.

As we all know the heat coming off the radiator can burn the hair off your legs. Initially I thought I'd spread my legs to catch as much air as possible to cool my legs. Bad idea, the heat was unberable. So I squeezed the tank. I was amazed to find that all the air and heat was deflected around my legs and it was a comfortable drive. I would have never guessed. With pants I have always endured the heat, now I know that the best riding position is squeezing the legs together and letting the air go around.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi Lee,

so I guess your hint here must be to ride with your legs squeezing the tank and not to ride with shorts...:p

I've made a holy promise never to ride with improper gear but let's see how I can keep it on our ride from Calgary to CCR...
We are used to taking sauna several times a week but usually with a lot less clothing on.:D

Regards

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
grifscoots said:
I ride in shorts all the time, but wear mesh pants. I just love the double takes you get when you walk into a place wearing shorts, a tank tops.... and boots.
I bet in that outfit you get hit on a lot to... ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist Grif...

·
Registered
205 Posts
ATGATT Baby! Etcetera

·
Registered
80 Posts
You know you could probably ride in the winter with shorts keeping your legs out. (leg warmers) Sorry could not resist.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
grifscoots said:
I ride in shorts all the time, but wear mesh pants. I just love the double takes you get when you walk into a place wearing shorts, a tank tops.... and boots.
Now there's a mental image I could have done without!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
grifscoots said:
Here in Texas, I bet there a quite a few places that nobody even notices. :) I usually switch to sandals, it drives my kids crazy when I leave my socks on. :)

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
grifscoots said:
Good grief man! That's the sign of someone fixing to have to enter a rest
home!:D

Yeah, I carry sandals with me, too. Depends how long I'll be off the bike, this constant dis-robing, robing thang is cwazy.
Hey...what's wrong with socks and sandals???? I even (sometimes) leave my casa like that and my son walks about thirty feet behind me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts