BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first summer on my new love (K1200 LT). My main complaint is the heat from the seat on my butt. After an hour or so the heat becomes almost unbearable. Any suggestions. The switch to the heater is in the off position ...Duh.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Unplug the heated seat electrical connection then do a test ride and see if it is the seat or your butt that is hot..............

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I hate to even mention this, but the off position is the center position of the switch....just in case.

Ron

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I agree with unplugging the seat, that will eliminate the switch.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
kellenbenz said:
I hate to even mention this, but the off position is the center position of the switch....just in case.

Ron
My thought as well or what if the switch is malfuction so its on all the time. :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
kk610lt said:
Unplug the heated seat electrical connection then do a test ride and see if it is the seat or your butt that is hot..............
Dang! Okay, so when I bought my LT just a few weeks ago, I rode it about 60 miles from the dealer to my house and my butt was hotter than...I finally had to stop about 40 miles into it and call the dealer, who said the off switch was in the middle! :kaboom: Really thought I was smarter than that!

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
L_Rudy said:
Dang! Okay, so when I bought my LT just a few weeks ago, I rode it about 60 miles from the dealer to my house and my butt was hotter than...I finally had to stop about 40 miles into it and call the dealer, who said the off switch was in the middle! :kaboom: Really thought I was smarter than that!
Don't feel too bad...

I took off early one morning on a really frigid January day (26F - well, in Tucson that's insanely cold for riding) to meet a friend for a ride. This was in 2001 right after I got my first LT - with heated seats. I rode for an hour with my vest on high but freezing my pitootee off. I stopped for coffee before getting to my friend's house to warm up since the sun was finally over the horizon.

It was THEN that I remembered I had heated seats. :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
The LT's seat does not get hot from the engine.. Heater almost has to be on...

Move the switch to the middle... Or unplug it...

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have occsionally noticed that my seat feels hot also. I have checked and the switch is in the middle position. I think it's just my rear end, not the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
That happens to me when i eat too many Habaneros.

One time in the summer, i couldn't believe how HOT the grips got in the bright sun on a 100F plus day.

When I remembered that the grips were heated I flip the switch to off.

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Similar problem in Florida.... I added a beaded seat cover that helps... Sheep's skin too for variety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts