BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, Bike was running coughed a couple of times then quit running. The Bike wouldn't restart. After a bit of trouble shooting I found when I had the Gas cap off, and turned the the ignition switch on gas was spraying up toward the filler. Spying inside with a flashlight I could see the split hose at the filter and the gas spewing out when the Fuel Pump came on. This is on a 2007 bike. My question is how do you get to the filter in the tank to repair the problem. I've never had any covers off myself to do anything, so I'm a little lost where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Graybeard said:
Long story short, Bike was running coughed a couple of times then quit running. The Bike wouldn't restart. After a bit of trouble shooting I found when I had the Gas cap off, and turned the the ignition switch on gas was spraying up toward the filler. Spying inside with a flashlight I could see the split hose at the filter and the gas spewing out when the Fuel Pump came on. This is on a 2007 bike. My question is how do you get to the filter in the tank to repair the problem. I've never had any covers off myself to do anything, so I'm a little lost where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron
Click here for a start, Ron. Just click on the individual handles to see threads addressing various parts of the 'disrobing' you'll need to do for the fuel line repair. Might be somebody in your neighborhood who has BTDT and could help out where your scoot is now residing. Good luck, Ron.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It's a very simple but time consuming job.. Unfortunately you have to remove the bodywork on both sides, Then the stingray, Seat, Then the fuel tank and then you can remove the pump/filter assembly and replace that pesky hose...

This is not an unusual failure... Happens quite a bit....

The stingray is the piece with the radio and glove box in it....

Gotta go deep !

And you can thank the corn lobby for the failure...

Good Luck

John

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you are on the way, maybe someone from CCR could give you a hand on the way home.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
How close are you to needing to change the air filter? and of course the fuel filter?

Oh. And since the tupperware is off, changing the clutch fluid?

Bob

·
Registered
176 Posts
BecketMa said:
How close are you to needing to change the air filter? and of course the fuel filter?

Oh. And since the tupperware is off, changing the clutch fluid?

Bob
+1

Since you are that far in, I would go ahead with a 12k service.
www.beemerbarnyard.com has the kit for $89. It contains
everything but the fluids. And you could.do.the fluids after you
button it all up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.