BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hoping someone can help identify these connectors

I've got my '05 LT apart to install the CB. Am curious as to what the connectors in the attached pics are for. The white connector only has one white wire on it. The black connector has a white and an orange wire on it. Want to try and avoid taking my bike apart again and am thinking of bringing these out if it looks like they are needed for futures..(GPS/Radar detector or XM) radio. OOPS, forgot to mention... These come from the VcomII.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
jimmyb said:
I've got my '05 LT apart to install the CB. Am curious as to what the connectors in the attached pics are for. The white connector only has one white wire on it. The black connector has a white and an orange wire on it. Want to try and avoid taking my bike apart again and am thinking of bringing these out if it looks like they are needed for futures..(GPS/Radar detector or XM) radio. OOPS, forgot to mention... These come from the VcomII.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
The one wire white connector should be connected to the Y-cable -- this supplies the speed signal for the auto-volume on your Voice II. The black connector with orange & white wires is audio in for BMW GPS.

Bruce Hodges

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate your words of wisdom. Seems like my bike did not come with a y cable as nothing was plugged into the white connector. Odd that it didn't have a plug on it. Under the stingray there was another connector (Pic attached). I beleive this is an accessory plug. Do you know where/how it is used? Sure appreciate your help, I have a bunch of manuals (VCComII install manual, etc) but they don't seem very clear on some of the connections.

Thanks again,

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
jimmyb said:
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate your words of wisdom. Seems like my bike did not come with a y cable as nothing was plugged into the white connector. Odd that it didn't have a plug on it. Under the stingray there was another connector (Pic attached). I beleive this is an accessory plug. Do you know where/how it is used? Sure appreciate your help, I have a bunch of manuals (VCComII install manual, etc) but they don't seem very clear on some of the connections.

Thanks again,
You're right, that's the accessory plug. The Y-cable plugs into this plug and connects to the white (one wire) plug, and the other part of the Y is for the BMW GPS (supplies power). I tapped into that power source for my non-BMW 2610 GPS and my radar detector. I also tapped into the two wire plug (orange & white) for the audio in from my radar detector.
As you already know, you don't need the Y-cable for the Voice II to work. You just don't have the speed volume control function.

Bruce Hodges

·
Registered
61 Posts
bruce2000ltc said:
You're right, that's the accessory plug. The Y-cable plugs into this plug and connects to the white (one wire) plug, and the other part of the Y is for the BMW GPS (supplies power). I tapped into that power source for my non-BMW 2610 GPS and my radar detector. I also tapped into the two wire plug (orange & white) for the audio in from my radar detector.
As you already know, you don't need the Y-cable for the Voice II to work. You just don't have the speed volume control function.

Bruce Hodges
I would like to use this switched power source for my GPS and CB also. Do you know where I can obtain a mating connector part that will plug into this connector on my '05 LT? I would also need to know which wires in the accessory connector are the + and - power leads.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Yeoman,
I just wired my 276C to my '08 but I picked up the power off the running marker/turn signal. My power wire has a fuse in it and if I had taken power from under the stingray and it blows then it is a real deal to replace. It is up front and easy to get to now.
On the wires under the stingray the brown was ground and directly opposite(3 wires going to the plug) was the +. I almost used those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts