BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised at myself for doing it, but I have accepted the outcome. I couldn't pass on a great opportunity to purchase a 2013 K1600GT; thus, I have listed my trusted K1200LT for sale. She is well cared for and maintained. She was my first BMW and the reason why I felt comfortable staying with BMW's K1600. Attached are photos with the details. She can also be found in the Classified section of the site:

K1200LT - PhotoPost Classifieds

Rob, 2000 K1200LT
Navarre, FL

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good for you! You will enjoy the K16. Marvelous bike!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Only a little time will tell if it is right for you. Looks like you might do a lot of solo riding so the pillion comfort factor may not come into play for you. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the LT with hopes of enticing my wife back into riding. She has less than a 100 miles on the pillion seat in the years I've owned the LT. Thus, the K1600GTs lack of passenger comforts is not a concern. Besides, I need a spot for an auxiliary fuel tank.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Looks like you ride solo alot. So you should enjoy the hell out of the k1600.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Rob, how do you like the Erica lights ? I have a Hybird set for my RT, I have not yet installed..

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Some owners need a few hundred or a few thousand miles to get comfortable on the K16, and some, like me, just took to it immediately. I still remember my LT fondly, though I'd never want to give up the K16 and go back to it.

I've fitted an aux fuel cell to my GTL, so let me know when you get to that point and we can talk. There's a perfect spot underneath to drill into the stock tank, and I have a design that swaps out with the GT passenger seat using the original bolts and still lets you use a trunk if you want.

Also, lots of great info over at K1600forum.com.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob, how do you like the Erica lights ? I have a Hybird set for my RT, I have not yet installed..
I'm a huge fan of the Clearwater Erica lights! At 100% power, they throw light well down the road. I keep them on low (10%) for riding during the day or night in traffic. They were worth their weight in gold when I was riding the Idaho mountain roads at 1 AM this past summer.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some owners need a few hundred or a few thousand miles to get comfortable on the K16, and some, like me, just took to it immediately. I still remember my LT fondly, though I'd never want to give up the K16 and go back to it.

I've fitted an aux fuel cell to my GTL, so let me know when you get to that point and we can talk. There's a perfect spot underneath to drill into the stock tank, and I have a design that swaps out with the GT passenger seat using the original bolts and still lets you use a trunk if you want.

Also, lots of great info over at K1600forum.com.
Ken, I hope I become comfortable with the K1600GT quicker then I did with the LT. I'll have the time because I intend to ride 4,000+ miles before returning home with her. My day two leg route will come very close to your listed town.

Fortunately the K16GT I purchased has a quick disconnect aux fuel cell. It was designed and fitted by Mike Langford. If I ever am fortunate to be selected for the Big Dance, it was approved for use.

I found the K1600 forum. It is very similar to the LT forum. Lots of friendly folks with good information. I've been a sponge over there the last few weeks.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Yeah, Mike makes good stuff.

If you do get 'round my neighborhood, be sure to say hello.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Hey Rob,

That yellow GS-911 looks familiar! Now you'll need the new WiFi GS-911 - they work great. I like the mods you did on you LT - kind of reminds me of what I did (RDL, PIAAs, Centech fuse block, Spieglers, etc). Once I dialed in my '07 just how I wanted it, I lusted for more power and got the K1600. Enjoy the ride, and let the farkeling begin! :bmw:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct Dave, the GS-911 should look familiar to you as should some of the other extras listed look familiar to other forum members. Most everything was purchased from LT forum members. If I except a low ball offer for the LT, some of the extras will remain with me and be listed in the classified section. There seems to be a lot of new LT owners on the forum. I'm sure they could use some of the gear.

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts