BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post another thread to make it easier for someone to search for.

Per my other post, I was looking for a way to hook my new LG ENV TOUCH phone with a 3.5mm headset port, up to my BC2 (BMW branded J&M Comm System) on my 2003LT.

The plug that goes into the phone is a 3.5mm four conductor. The plug that goes into the comm system is a 2.5mm 3 conductor. Tried an adapter supplied by Verizon, but it was 4 conductor to 4 conductor. Wouldn't work.

Looked at J&M's site, sent an email to John Lazzeroni (Pres.). He replied that they had just developed a cord for the I-phone Blackberry that should work. Had it overnighted and it works! I can hear and be heard by the caller without any problems. Here is a link to the page on their site:

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMSR-AC19-BCS&PF=40

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention. The cord looks kind of big on the picture and even though its about 3' long, the cord is thin and fits easily in the oddments box. The plug on the phone end is a 4 conductor and the plug on the comm. syst. end is a 3 conductor. Guess they figured out the correct way to patch them together. All I know is that it works.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey Carl, I saw that cable too. I've been looking at various solutions like the one from Apple, which is really a TTY adapter.
I figure, if I want my iPhone through the BC3 (not sure I do) I might as well go straight to the source the first time.
Enjoy your trip to CCR!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had an earlier version of the ENV, bought the BMW adapter & it worked fine with VoiceII.

My new LG Dare won't work with the BMW adapter cord, wrong size jack on phone. Bought a converter at Verizon, but that doesn't work. Can her calls coming in, but mic doesn't pick up my voice.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sonnata said:
I had an earlier version of the ENV, bought the BMW adapter & it worked fine with VoiceII.

My new LG Dare won't work with the BMW adapter cord, wrong size jack on phone. Bought a converter at Verizon, but that doesn't work. Can her calls coming in, but mic doesn't pick up my voice.
Had the same problem. Went thru the same. Got the adapter from Verizon and it wouldn't work. The cord from J&M does, because it patches from the 4 conductor 3.5mm to the 3 conductor 2.5mm on the comm system.

The adapter that Rick talked about from Apple may work too. Took a look at it on their site under accessories for the I-phone and it looks like it may do the job. A little cheaper too at $19

1 - 5 of 5 Posts