BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my 06 LT in so they could "activate" a new key fob, since I'm getting ready for a ride Anchorage to Portland, then Denver and back. Unfortunately, once hooked up to the computer, it spewed fuel, and now is not willing to start. Had zero problems of any kind before it was hooked to the computer at the shop.

I thought I saw a post on something like this, but can't find it. Help?!! Supposed to be in Denver 21 July, and really don't want to fly down instead.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
The MAC fans here will insist it is because the shop's computer had Windows on it. :rotf:

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Let's see . . .

1. First post
2. No profile
3. In the hands of a BMW dealer ???
4. Very limited information
5. Someone smarter than me might be able to correlate registering a Key FOB and spraying fuel.

Good luck and let us know what the dealer has done to you . . .:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Has to be a unrelated QD failure. A computer is not going to make it spew fuel.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
...And you don't need the computer to activate the FOB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the bike was at the Motorcycle Shop, in Anchorage. They're the BMW dealer for Alaska. Ended up buying an '02 1150RT for the trip, and have been adding bits of farkle along the way. Seat is the worst! Have ended up with a seat cushion from Wallmart to supplement. Otherwise after 200 miles I start getting flat spots on my you-know-where. Of course, now I need a stepladder to get on and off. :)

When I left Anchorage, the LT occupied about 3 stalls in their shop... and there was still a lot of headscratching going on.

Currently in Rockspings WY, enroute to Denver. Then will ride back to AK, starting on evening of Jul 28. Anyone else heading north?

Chuck

·
Registered
240 Posts
akchuckmiller said:
Yes, the bike was at the Motorcycle Shop, in Anchorage. They're the BMW dealer for Alaska. Ended up buying an '02 1150RT for the trip, and have been adding bits of farkle along the way. Seat is the worst! Have ended up with a seat cushion from Wallmart to supplement. Otherwise after 200 miles I start getting flat spots on my you-know-where. Of course, now I need a stepladder to get on and off. :)

When I left Anchorage, the LT occupied about 3 stalls in their shop... and there was still a lot of headscratching going on.

Currently in Rockspings WY, enroute to Denver. Then will ride back to AK, starting on evening of Jul 28. Anyone else heading north?

Chuck
Have A great Trip try to enjoy the RT....I hope the LT problems gets fixed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts