BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from my 3500-miles of smiles trip to ID, MT, WY, CO, UT and OR and getting ready for Derrick's wedding Saturday. My two-weeks of volunteer work at the Museum of the National Park Ranger in Yellowstone National Park could barely be called work and interrupted with four days off between weeks - nice day rides that got all of Yellowstone, Beartooth Pass, the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway and Grand Teton National Park as well as some other mountain roads. With friend visits, a visit with oldest son and family in Denver, Trail Ridge Road over Rocky Mountain National Park/Big Thompson Canyon, a friend's wedding in the Arkansas River Valley and friend visits on the way home through Colorado and Utah it was a great ride. Left the Arkansas River Valley with 38 degrees on Monarch Pass and then 95 degrees in Grand Junction a few hours later. Just outside Roosevelt, UT I hit an aggressive thunder storm with winds off the Uintah Mountains that threatened to literally blow me off the road, but dropped a gear and kept it going for fifteen miles. I admit to a bit of handlebar "grip." I ended my trip with an 800-mile day ride from SLC to home. All-in-all it was one fine trip, but missed you guys out front and in my rear view mirrors.
Brown Betty performed flawlessly, especially on those 75 mile per hour two-lane roads in MT and WY (I didn't believe them so 85-90 was a better fit!

I did miss wishing Art a Happy Birthday on the 9th - so, Happy Birthday Art.

Denny

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome home, Denny. It sounds like you had quite the adventure. You just got back in time for some nice late Summer riding. See you soon.

Dan

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Welcome home youngster! Sounds like you had a bit af an adventure for sure. Hate that wind! Marilyn and I are in Boston for Brian's wedding this coming Monday.

From the right (actually the wrong) coast,

John

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Welcome home Mr. Adventure! Got any good pics? We love pictures!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Tk U Denny! Please accept our Congrats on Derrick's wedding as well.

John
avonfloater said:
Congrats on Brian's wedding, John and Marilyn. We'll be celebrating Derrick's Saturday.

Denny

·
Registered
426 Posts
Denny,

Sounds like quite the ride. Glad you enjoyed yourself, and you made it home safe and sound. Hope all goes well with the wedding, those can be quite stressful. Just remember to eat a piece of cake for me.:)

Clayton

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.