BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that my LT has been in my garage for only 80 days, I am reluctant to start changing brake parts; you know, the $20,000 price tag thing. So, I am investigating the holistic approach. I check the tire pressures once a week, and at the same time lightly sand paper the rear rotor while the U-boat is in dry dock (center stand). I clean it afterwards with a rag moist with brake cleaner. This treatment cuts the brake squalling dramatically and takes about 2 minutes. Also, I have been trying the hard braking thing, which seems to help.

I am no longer embarrassed at stop lights... She used to sound like a dump truck coming to a stop. Now, just a few little squeaks.

Found all this info on the forum, of course.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Swamp Yankee brake fix

I ran my rear brake pads down to the metal and scored the rotor severely.
I put the original BMW pads back in (EBCs were what I had worn to death) they didn't screech any more.

BTW the EBC didn't screech until I wore the down to the metal.

·
Registered
805 Posts
grifscoots said:
The same thang can be accomplshed by nailing the ever loving goat snot out of the brakes doing about 60 mph, letting them cool and then repeating.
WTH, I got goat snot in my brakes???

·
Registered
143 Posts
German Engineering

was said:
WTH, I got goat snot in my brakes???
I am sorry but could wait no longer to reply.

The German engineers have figured out what I knew long ago. Goat snot helps noisy rotors, diminishes warped rotors and removes and prevents rotor rust/corrosion. When the goat snot quites working it is time for new rotors.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
That's goat snot?!?!?!?!?

Damn...now I gotta go apologize to my dog. I accused the poor bastard of humping my back wheel. :cool:

:histerica

1 - 8 of 8 Posts